A Conversation for The Isle of Thanet, Kent, UK

Isle of Thanet entry photo - A640117

Post 1

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Just to advise that the photo featured on this entry is of Fort House, known locally as Bleak House. It is situated on the East Cliff of Broadstairs, and is one of the many places Charles Dickens resided, splitting his time between Rochester and Broadstairs, when not in London.

Ehen in Broadstairs, as well as Fort House, he also frequented what is now the Albion Hotel, on many occasions, often running up large bar bills, as well as the building that is now Tesco in the High Street.

As the entry points out he also stayed at Dickens House. These are the noted buildings, but it is likely he stayed at many more.

I will update this entry when I get the opportunity, as it is very sparse and out of date.

smiley - ok

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more