A Conversation for Buying a Car

California

Post 1

Ste

Hello smiley - smiley

Great entry, very useful to me at the moment.

Does anyone know of, or had a good experience with a dealer in the San Diego or Southern California area? I'm new here and don't really know what to expect.

Steve


California

Post 2

EcoTony

I wouldn't say I know a dealer that is fully trustworthy.
I can say I've bought a new car at Cush Honda (GI Joe was the sales agent), and he was okay.
I've also worked with Midway Jeep/Chrysler in Mission Valley and they were less than good.
Mossy Ford in Pacific Beach is fair...
I would try and go to north county if you can.

Keep away from Mr. Car and World Auto in the College/El Cajon Blvd area.

Tony


California

Post 3

Ste

Thanks a lot, the advice is much appreciated. I'm off this weekend to have a look about, I will take your advice on board.

Did you buy a Honda? If so, what was/is it like?


California

Post 4

EcoTony

I bought my Honda in 96... it's an Accord EX coupe. I love it. Runs really well and gets fairly good gas mileage. (about 30mpg average mixed driving).

Check the Auto Trader for used Cars.


California

Post 5

Ste

I bought a Honda at the weekend. Decided to buy a new one as they were only $500 more expensive than the best-priced second hand one. It's a Honda Civic LX, and I love it. Good to know the value of the car will hardly decrease too.

Tried the autotrader online, it has been totally invaded by dealerships selling their cars, could hardly find a private owner.

smiley - stout


Honda

Post 6

EcoTony

enjoy your new Car!

I really like the new Civics... they look great . . . I can only assume it will run forever (if you change the oil every 5,000 miles.)

Tony


Honda

Post 7

Ste

Thanks smiley - smiley

That's the other reason we got a Honda, the never break down...

*crosses fingers*

Ste
smiley - stout


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more