A Conversation for Endless Loops

Opposite of Endless Loop

Post 1

Not Shakespeare

Wouldn't that be "Progress"?


Opposite of Endless Loop

Post 2

Marcus Aurelius

No. Loops can envolve progress. The opposite of an endless loop would be transition - from one situation to another that has no relation to the previous.

At least that's my take on it.


Opposite of Endless Loop

Post 3

Marcus Aurelius

Excuse me. 'Involve'.


Opposite of Endless Loop

Post 4

Marcus Aurelius

Although, on contemplation I am in danger of confusing progressive loops / Virtueous Loops with a progressive 'path', so perhaps you are correct?


Opposite of Endless Loop

Post 5

Not Shakespeare

If the loop involves progress, it would also have to include a destruction phase to wipe out all the progress and return to the original state.

Therefore, it would not really be progress, would it?


Opposite of Endless Loop

Post 6

Marcus Aurelius

It depends what conditions the loop pertains to.
Every day I get up to go to work. Same job. Same hours. Same responcibilities. Same pay. However, this is a progressive loop as each time I complete a day's work I both earn more money and take another tiny step towards promotion. I'm in a loop and.....

Damn. You're right. I'm not in an ENDLESS loop. By the very conditions of the loop I am working towards leaving the loop. Well done and well argued.

Marcus Aurelius


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more