A Conversation for 'Dungeons and Dragons' - the Movie

What a pile of.....

Post 1

Nyree Rose - Doll in a Tube wearing National Costume

I had looked forward to this film and was bitterly disappointed. The story was very disjointed and the characters were poor.It was all abit American(no offence).The whole point of sci-fantasy, as far as I'm concerned, is the "other world" thing.The language was too....smiley - erm....modern, I suppose.


What a pile of.....

Post 2

Mat Lindsay (the researcher formerly known as Nylarthotep...now he has a name, all he needs is a face)

It was way back last year when I saw it, but I have to say that that movie was a big steaming pile of horse manure. The casting was awful with one of the Wayan brothers rehashing his role from Scary Movie, the talentless guy who played Jimmy in Lois & Clark, Thora Birch as Queen Amidala...or someone who dressed and acted like a bargain basement version of her, Richrd O'Brien as the camp villan (Hollywood fantasy films must have a legal requirement to cast this bloke as a mincing bad guy) and poor Jeremy Irons having to make do with a half-arsed role as Profion the diabolically evil wizard. The script was awful, the plot non-existant and the actors looked embarassed to even be seen in the roles. Luckily we got in free to see this as a friend of mine was working at the cinema at the time, but in retrospect it was a shame to waste a free trip to the cinema on this trash. The two worst aspects of the whole affair were that a staunchly non-roleplaying friend went along and had every prejudice he held about the hobby confirmed and we saw the trailer for Lord of the Rings just before and ended up wishing that the rest of the year could somehow be skipped so that we could see a film that refrained from plundering a venerable and still much loved franchise in the name of the almighty dollar.


What a pile of.....

Post 3

Nyree Rose - Doll in a Tube wearing National Costume

Uh -Huh! Pile of poo!

They just shatter your illusions of our wonderful mystical minds. I hate it when they have American accents too. I suppose I always imagine that they are all well spoken "knightly" accent. You know what I mean?!?smiley - huh

NR


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more