A Conversation for Steam Engine Wheel Arrangements

Wheels et al

Post 1

Walter Lucovitz

Now I always thought that the look of the Southern Railway Q1 was due to the armour plating and that the most famous of the "backing" decapod engines was the Lickey "BANKING" engine.


Wheels et al

Post 2

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

no armour plating on the Q1, it was built to be light.

a future entry will mention the banking engine


Wheels et al

Post 3

Vip

Hi Walter, I was wondering if you would like to cast your eyes over another railway Entry that is being reviewed at the moment? You seem very knowledgeble about the subject so your input would be well received.

The thread is here:F48874?thread=7358874&latest=1

The Entry in question is in a link at the top. Please post all comments to the thread so that the author can take your comments under consideration.

Jon, I know you know where to find it. smiley - winkeye

Thanks!

smiley - fairy


Wheels et al

Post 4

Walter Lucovitz

Would love to; have been reading about railways for over sixty years so something must have stuck in the grey,and if not I have a fair tonnage of books that usually provide the answer. Problem is I'm new to this site and at the moment have no idea of navigation but I've requested a sat nav from an ex BBC IT manager - you never know what he might come up with.


Wheels et al

Post 5

Vip

I've left you a message on your Space - click on your name to get there. If you need any help at all, reply to that conversation and I'll see what I can do. smiley - ok

smiley - fairy


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more