A Conversation for The Eden Project, Cornwall, UK

If you're going...

Post 1

Salmon42

I visited the Eden Project last week, and was stunned at my first glimpse of the biomes. They are a truly awesome sight.

If you're thinking of going, make sure you wear good walking shoes, as it's quite a trek from the car park to the ticket hall (unless you take the specially laid on buses) and the trek from the ticket office to the domes is down a gravel path which zigzags down quite a steep incline. There is a train which will take you down to the domes, but it's a better idea to take it on your journey back up to the ticket office after your visit. I thought I'd climb back up the hard way, and my legs regretted it - However, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The trip is fine for elderly visitors, as long as they take their time - there are special paths through the domes for those people who prefer a more level path rather than a climb.

I can highly recommend getting to the top of the tropical dome, as the view is incredible, and you don't want to miss the waterfall, which splashes it's way down from the very top to the bottom of the biome.

Although the plants will take a long time to grow and settle into their new environment, it's certainly worth a look now, to see the brilliant and dedicated work that has gone into the domes' creation.


If you're going...

Post 2

C Hawke

Some good advice - repeat visits are great as already I have seen huge change - I was there on day one and about 5 weeks later. The outside has been developed much more - some captive hippies (luckily non-breeding) were showing tie-dyienig when I was there last.

All good fun.

ChawkE


If you're going...

Post 3

McKay The Disorganised

The best piece of advice is buy your ticket in advance. You can get them at loacal information centres, and it saves hours of queueing. Also get there early and do the tropical zone first ~ it ain't no place to be at midday.
smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more