A Conversation for Technical Theatre of the High School Variety

sounds familar

Post 1

Researcher 200469

except, during the show a fuse breaks in the middle of a song and half the lights go out. The actress goes on like a good little girl but all the crew members scramble to find someone to fix the fuse. Then we get ridiculed for telling people to shut up and running to
make out cues on time. well the ruin their own scenes, it wasn't my fault. Damn Actors.
oh well those closing parties were fun. over all we had good times.

remember to leave random presents for the actors in places where the audience can't see


sounds familar

Post 2

soeasilyamused, or sea

smiley - laugh yep, that definitely sounds familiar. smiley - smiley

i have fond memories of messages written in books the actress reads, strange things put in refrigerators, etc. smiley - biggrin


sounds familar

Post 3

Arwen M C

or how about inappropiate pictures drawn on scrolls..... and having to point at the scroll saying " and what does it say here?"
Asmiley - smiley


sounds familar

Post 4

Arwen, Queen of Reunited Gondor and Arnor

or how about when the booms come crashing down, lights and all, on the actors during curtain call! that's always fun...
Signing in for shows and rehearsals the actors always had to put their initials by their names. Our names were'nt on the list, so we made names up. There was one of us who was determined to get the longest name, and his list of initials ended up being about 2x2 inches! That was trippy for you though. (that was his nickname. he wasn't actually high, or at least we think so).


sounds familar

Post 5

Researcher 240304

Or there is always the time during the musical(West Side Story) when the dancers getts droped on her head and has to go to the hospital.


sounds familar

Post 6

TopAssassin

Or, during Pirates of Penzance, the Union Jack falls from the fly grid and strikes an actor squarely in the head.
Thank god it wasn't attached to the IRON bar we were gonna use instead of the jury-rigged broomstick gaff taped to the fly bar....


sounds familar

Post 7

soeasilyamused, or sea

smiley - yikes

I had an actor and actress fall out of a lift during Grease. The guy playing Danny and the girl playing Cha Cha... OH, MAN, did my heart stop...

Then, later that show, on opening night, one of the nameless actors was running about outside and gashed his shin down to the bone on a hidden sprinkler. As the Stage Manager, I was the one who had to patch him up and force him to go to the hospital... Yuck. At least now I know I have a high tolerance for gore...


sounds familar

Post 8

lbtechtrain

i have just finished on a show of oliver with the local youth drama group... we had the window for the undertakers up. we all walk away and next minute we have it swinging and nearly nocking the undertaker out!! the audience loved it, the director hated it and the actors acted like proffesionals! until that point! i was in communication at the time with director and the box! it was intresting to say the least! mind you i'd rather stick to being in the box any time!!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more