A Conversation for The Powerpuff Girls

More villains

Post 1

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

The Rowdy Rough boys: made by Mojo Jojo to be the antithesis of the girls.

Hm; I know there's more. That hairy guy that becomes Mayor for a while, Mr.Mime (Rainbow the Clown after being bleached), the gangrene gang....

And Mojo Jojo is a WONDERFUL villain! I do think he's my favorite character in the whole show; except maybe for Bubbles smiley - smiley

smiley - blue, smiley - steam or smiley - devil


More villains

Post 2

Willem

The worst villain(ess) of all - Princess Morebucks! Man, I just love the kind of relationship she has with her dad! And is she ever ambitious! A true 21th Century Woman. I hope the PPG's get to fry her ass many more times in the future! They rule!


More villains

Post 3

GidgetGirl

The hairy guy who became mayor was Fuzzy Lumpkins. He was actually in the very first Powerpuff Girls episode, which is very unlike the ones you see now. (It was made, I assume, before the creator, whose name escapes me now, got the chance to do the show regularly.) In it, the mayor is taller, with a deeper voice, and Fuzzy Lumpkins appears with a gun that turns everything in to meat. (I kid you not.) The girls fight him, but they're not really serious until the meat ray hits Bubbles' pigtail and turns it into a drumstick. Then all hell breaks loose, and Bubbles kicks his butt.


More villains

Post 4

GidgetGirl

Another one: that magician who died when the mayor was a boy...he comes back as a zombie...I can't think of his name...


More villains

Post 5

Willem

T'was Abracadaver!


More villains

Post 6

GidgetGirl

That's it!!!


More villains

Post 7

weakpun

How can you write about the show without mentioning the lovely, full-of-nous Miss Sara Bellum? More than once she has saved the day - and surely the amount of ways in which her face have been hidden deserves a mention.

This is, by the way, THE greatest cartoon ever to cross the face of the planet. Hurray!


More villains

Post 8

weakpun

Okay, okay. I wasn't reading it properly. Poo. Oh well.

Hurray for Mojo Jojo! Oh yeah, does anyone have any idea if there are any videos/dvds available anywhere? No shops here seem to have them.


DVDs

Post 9

GidgetGirl

Yes!! My brother got me a DVD for Christmas with 10 (count 'em, 10) episodes on it!! I'd list them here for you, but the same brother decided to loan the DVD to my sister-in-law without consulting me first. smiley - wah


DVDs

Post 10

weakpun

Dang him to heck! Where did he come across this DVD? I see you can get them on amazon, but none seem to have been released in the UK.


DVDs

Post 11

good plan (not a member of the denial club at A638589)

why is it always the way, a lot of the best cartoons are made or translated in america, but they don't bother to release them here for ages if at all *mutter mutter*. i have always thought the powerpuff girls unparalleled genius.


DVDs

Post 12

Density

Speaking as an american fanboy, it's because the capitalist pig-dog corporations that own the merchandizing rights to these properties constantly underestimate the European fanbase. Just like the Japanese corporations constantly underestimate the American fanbase. We literally had to beg Sony to ship Phantasy Star Online 2 to the US, and that's a sequel to a property that sold very well here.


More villains

Post 13

Density

In one beautiful episode, four villains teamed up. Mojo Jojo, Him, Fuzzy Lumpkins, and Power Princess (aka Princess Morebucks) formed a short-lived crime supergroup: the Beat-alls.

Just about every other line of dialog throughout that episode was a title of a Beatles song, and they constantly put the villains in situations where they were recreating the album covers.


More villains

Post 14

good plan (not a member of the denial club at A638589)

wow! i have got to see that one! wasn't there also one where bubbles had a birthday party and all the villians sent her trick gifts to destroy the girls? there were most of the villians in that one i think.


More villains

Post 15

Density

Yeah, though it was a party for all the girls. (Created during the same accident, so same birthday.) I know Mojo Jojo, Power Princess, and the Amoeba Boys are in that one. There might have been some others, but it's been a while since I've seen that episode.


More villains

Post 16

good plan (not a member of the denial club at A638589)

foolish me. why did i put just bubbles,i knew that.


Key: Complain about this post