A Conversation for Vehicle Bumper Stickers

Window Stickers

Post 1

DickieP

In the 80's in Britain it was a big craze to have rear window stickers with almost amusing slogans. From memory, the most popular ones were "my other car's a porsche", "you toucha my car I smasha your face" and "honk if you did it last night". They were unfailingly funny the first time you saw a new one and then intensely annoying the next 7,364 times.


Window Stickers

Post 2

Steve K.

Ahhh .. the Porsche sticker must have inspired one I've seen: "My Other Car is a Piece of S**t Too". [*'s added -ed]


Window Stickers

Post 3

Saavik2

My all-time favourite window-sticker was a home-made* variant on the "Happiness is..." theme, seen heading west on the M4, near Windsor:

|--------------------------------------------|
| Happiness is Slough in my rear view mirror |
|--------------------------------------------|

I still smile every time I pass the turning for Slough...


* whatever happened to Letraset?


Window Stickers

Post 4

Steve K.

I've got a '76 Chevy Nova that got one side bashed in over 20 years ago - I spent the insurance money fixing the clutch, so its been like that for a couple of decades. But I can't bring myself to sell a car that runs good. So I'm looking for the sticker I saw on a similar vehicle, "This is NOT an abandoned car."


Window Stickers

Post 5

minerva

There is a guy who works the graveyard shift at my local 7-11. He drives a true goat roper car - an 80-something Camaro with faded paint and wheel wells caked with mud - but has a sense of humor about it. He has one bumper sticker: Honk if Parts Fall Off.

A couple weeks ago we got to talking about car trouble. His muffler had fallen off the night before while he was en route to work. What do you supposed happened? A cop got behind him and honked insistently. When my acquaintance realized it was a cop, he pulled over. The cop, who was vastly amused, pulled over behind him. Choking back snorts of laughter, he explained that he couldn't resist the temptation to start honking when that old muffler finally clanked onto the highway.

I thought that was pretty funny. Also un-coplike.


Window Stickers

Post 6

Steve K.

Parts, right. I had a friend work on my '76 Nova for a week or two, it sat in his driveway. The neighbor kid REALLY wanted to buy it - for parts for his hot rod '76 Nova. So I'll tell him to follow me around and pick 'em up ...


Window Stickers

Post 7

cafram - in the states.

smiley - laugh

Another good one on old cars is "Don't laugh, your daughter might be in here"


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more