A Conversation for The Paul McCartney Death Clues

life

Post 381

Bluebottle

I can see your point - at the moment the only thing I'd really like to do is move away from Leeds and back to somewhere I feel I'd fit in better.

<BB<


life

Post 382

Seagull's Lost Horizon

Do think that'll be anytime soon?.

My mum's birthday on sunday, so we're going out for a meal.

been watching crime traveller, and I'm really enjoying it, shmae they only did one series.


life

Post 383

Bluebottle

Hopefully it'll be in the new year when Sarah's contract runs out. I spent today (after seeing England win the World Cup!) looking for cars with Sarah - hopefully by the end of the month we'll have a motor of our own, which should give us some more freedom. smiley - smiley

<BB<


life

Post 384

Seagull's Lost Horizon

yeah one thing I wish we had was a car, it can be quite limiting at times.

I've been watching some of the doctor who day stuff that was on Uk gold, quite interesting in places.

and i'v watched the special features disc on the beatles anthology dvds, that was quite enjoyable too.


life

Post 385

Bluebottle

Well, we've now got our first car! It's a Ford Ghia (1995 M Reg) 1.6 5 door hatchback with airbag, electric windows, sunroof, power-steering and came serviced with one year's MOT - which I think was quite impressive, especially for a first car. (The cars I'm used to are the ones my Mum drove - she believed in buying cars for about £100, driving them for a few months until the MOT was due and then scrapping them, buying another car cheaply).

This week's been quite busy. On Tuesday Sarah and I went to see Dave Gorman - which was very funny. If you get the chance to see him, I'd certainly recommend it. Sarah liked it too, and now says she wants to read my copy of "Are You Dave Gorman?". On Wednesday we went to the Hyde Park Picture House Cinema and saw the 1926 classic German film "Metropolis", which was great. There was live piano music accompanying the film and the cinema had a great atmosphere - full of students enjoying a masterpeice film. And the version of Metropolis was longer than the one shown on the Sci Fi channel and I have on video, so it was good to see Metropolis again and see some new scenes which helped appreciate the film more.

<BB<


life

Post 386

Seagull's Lost Horizon

sounds like you've done quite well. Neither my wife or I drive, which you probably know, would love to learn but money and time.....

Not seen or read that much about Dave Gorman, and not seen Metropolis either, but I'll look out for them.

rather a dull week, working mostly, I see the dvd and cd are out for 'concert for george', only saw an add on on tv otherwise i wouldn't have know something for the christams list i think.


life

Post 387

Bluebottle

One day I'm sure we'll all learn to drive. Now at least I have a car to practice on when I learn. For now I can control the radio and navigate, which keeps me occupied when Sarah's driving. Neither of us have got used to the crazy drivers in Leeds, nor the multiple lane systems - I often get tempted to get out and just walk around major roundabouts as that way you get time to think.

There's always more DVDs etc out - this week I see they have released the Ed Sullivan shows featuring the Beatles on DVD, but at this time of year I feel guilty about buying anything for myself as I can't afford to, with Christmas coming up.

<BB<


life

Post 388

Seagull's Lost Horizon

sorry I haven't replied earlier been busy.

We went to see the IVF people, took over nine hours to get there and back, cost about £100, for a half hour chat to say it might take up to two years, not a happy day.

Been suffering a case of useless people who don't want to work, and don't care how well they do their jobs and leaving it up to everyone else to sort out their mess - at work lately, so that's not been great either.

I see the concert for george dvd and cd it out , I bought the cd for my sister as she said she'd like it, I'd like the dvd myself.

been doing some christmas shopping, not really in the mood this year.

how's you?.

steve


life

Post 389

Bluebottle

I'm okay - I went to see Elton John on Sunday with Sarah. We saw him, live in Manchester, as he is one of Sarah&#8217;s favourite singers. He was quite good, and sang many of his famous songs such as &#8220;Daniel&#8221;, &#8221;I&#8217;m Still Standing&#8221;, &#8220;Crocodile Rock&#8221; &#8220;Your Song&#8221;, The Who&#8217;s &#8220;Pinball Wizard&#8221; etc. Unfortunately he also sang &#8220;Candle In The Wind&#8221; and did not sing &#8220;Step Into Christmas&#8221;, which being December, would have been quite a seasonal choice. We were on the bottom of the arena, which being an ice-rink, meant that there was only a thin carpet between our feet and the ice, which meant that throughout the performance our feet were frozen. Other than that it was a good experience.

More recently though work is beginning to get annoying as I'm having to do 2 jobs. The job I used to do is now theoretically being done in Birmingham, except that no-one has actually informed any of the customers or branches, so all the work still comes to me. And instead of just putting it all in an envelope and posting it to Birmingham I have to sort it, log it, photocopy it, process the information on spreadsheets and make sure it's all ready to be done - essentially do what my old job was - yet still do what I've been moved on to, and there's no way that I can do both tasks at once. So I'm rushing around trying to do more than is possible at the moment at work, but fortunately I've got the weekend and Christmas to look forward to - Sarah and I are going to have a week off together! That'll be 2 weeks off work we've had this year - well, one and a half as my week off is the one with New Year in the middle. One and a half weeks together out of 52 weeks in the year isn't that much when you think about it...

<BB<


life

Post 390

Seagull's Lost Horizon

its only receintly I liseten to any of elton john, that is the years few years anyway, the cold feets' a bit of a drawback but sounds great.

me and my wife work in the same place, so we see a lot of each other, so a week and a half isn't much.

I'm begining to look forward to christmas got a bit of the shopping out of the way so that helps.


life

Post 391

Bluebottle

Sarah and I do get to meet up at lunch time for about half an hour, so that's good - it would just be nice to not have to work non-stop and spend some proper time together other than when its dark and evenings.
As for Christmas shopping - I'm still working on it. I find it easier to buy things for Sarah's family than for mine, but will have to keep at it until inspiration strikes.

<BB<


life

Post 392

Seagull's Lost Horizon

well we've put up the decorations, I started to wrap a few presents for my wife when she very suddenly arrived back home, but as I was doing them upstairs I had time to hide them away before she realised.


life

Post 393

Bluebottle

Our tree is up - and it's quite a nice tree, if I say so myself. It's got an interesting mixture of different decorations on - mainly figures of snowmen, Father Christmas, angels, a set of nativity figures as well as wooden toys which I bought from a German Market that Leeds has at the moment. My view is that the baubles on sale everyone are, at the end of the day, just balls - once you've seen one sphere, you've seen them all. So why not make it a bit more interesting and go for a mix?

<BB<


life

Post 394

Seagull's Lost Horizon

sounds good to me.

started to get a cold now, but only a couple of days left to work so not too bad.

we bought a duck for my wife to have for christmas dinner then she decides to go to my mums for dinner, so my mums going to cook the duck instead, as I'm vegetarian I'm happy with my quorn roast.

steve


life

Post 395

Bluebottle

I don't know if you'd heard that all Christmas Tree lights bought at Asda this year have been recalled as apparently they're dangerous and have caused fires? Well guess what - this year we'd bought 2 sets of lights from Asda and so on Tuesday had to take them back, only for practically all shops to have sold out of Christmas tree lights... Oh well.
Merry Christmas to you!

<BB<


life

Post 396

Seagull's Lost Horizon

yeah I did see that, ah well better safe than sorry.

I still have my cold and only slightly marring mr christmas.

my mum told me that there was a key ring digital camera in T J Hughes for £12.99, so we looked then decided to buy something a litttle better, for £39.99, so i opened it today - not great so I'm going to see if i can change it for something better still for £80 ish, shouldn't spen the money really but what the hell.

merry christmas

steve


life

Post 397

Bluebottle

Well, after Christmas and New Year I again have time to go online. I went back home to the Isle of Wight over New Year which I spent with my parents - my Mum doesn't know anything about computers so no internet access.
Overall I had a good Christmas - although as Sarah said Christmas isn't really exciting when you can go to the shops the weekend after and buy yourself all the things that you wanted for Christmas and didn't get.

<BB<


life

Post 398

Seagull's Lost Horizon

well I was given two copies of 'wish you were here' the douglas adams biography. Not had time to read it though.

I see Daleks masterplan 2 has been found great stuff.

I did get a digital camera a better one that is, and it broke after a couple of day, so just got it back again.

not been doing much elce, phoned an old friend, work and such.

steve



life

Post 399

Bluebottle

I was given two copies of the Python's Autobiography, and with that and "Doctor Who: The Legend", I haven't had time to read it yet. I also met Rob Grant during the week - the co-writer of Red Dwarf went to Leeds to do a book-signing of his book "Incompetence", which is quite good. I went along and although Leeds has a population of around 700,000 only 30 people bothered to turn up, and of those only around 8, including me, actually bought his book and had it signed. Makes you feel sorry for him after he spent all that time writing it.

And yes, it's more good news on the Doctor Who front - so much so soon! It's news such as the discovery of "Dalek's Master Plan: Episode 2" that keeps you in hope of more discoveries. smiley - smiley

<BB<


life

Post 400

Seagull's Lost Horizon

I think I'm right in saying dalek's masterplan is one of the less likely stories to discover as is wasn't sold abroad well not much anyway, so very promsing.

I have the four? Red Dwarf books, two together and two seporate?, and enjoyed those, you'd recommend the other books?.


Watched cube 2, pirates of the carrabeen (can't spell), finding nimo, over the last weeks or so not bad.


Key: Complain about this post