A Conversation for Dyslexia

Dyslexia

Post 41

Tefkat

Why thank you kindly John. smiley - smooch


Dyslexia

Post 42

sociopsychoactive

Well thats nothing to do with curing, thats all about self confidence. Many, many dyslexics have low self confidence, often caused by a lack of support, but I have found that the dyslexics with the most self confidence are those that have either said 'so what?' and carried on working hard, or have not had a name put to their inability to do simple things, and therefore not let it hinder them. Many of my frineds are dyslexic (and I am myself I am sure) and for the most part thay have got on with doing whatever they do and not let it hinder them. These are the ones who you could claim are 'cured' (even though there is no possible way of curing dyslexia) because they don't let it rule them or hinder them.


Dyslexia

Post 43

Tefkat

Actually, not having a name put to your inability to do simple things can make you think you're thick. It can be a great relief to know you're not mad - not to mention the difference it makes when other people realise you're not doing it deliberately after all.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more