A Conversation for Bartenders

Customers & Tenders

Post 1

Ladyluck Keeper of Charms, Amulets and Talismans

I tended bar for over 5 years. I was fast and effecient and made good tips as well as kept the bar clean, kept the brawlers at bay, made the right change, kept the drinks coming and the cash register ringing, stocked the liqour, wine, and beer, kept the fruit fresh, kept the jukebox loud enough for drinkers with a buzz who were shouting to hear it, mixed any drink that was ordered, kept the ice stocked, washed the glasses and cleaned the tables, put up with guys on the make, discreetly turned away those who were already "overserved" when they arrived at "my" bar, put up with horney guys out on the make (some of them were even with their wives or girlfriends), sometimes served food and sometimes even cooked the food, got turned upside down by a customer, the list goes on and on.

If you're out for a good time at a drinking establishment do yourself and your bartender a couple of favors-don't be rude or obnoxious and when you leave a tip don't be cheap or think the tender is begging or already well paid.


Customers & Tenders

Post 2

Black Knight

Ermmm.... how do you get turned upside down by a customer???


Customers & Tenders

Post 3

CYBER DOLL

I go to the same night club every weekend!! I know some of the bar staff and allways make a special effort to be nice as they are constantly rushed off their feet and have to work very hard. although I can't afford to tip them all very much!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more