A Conversation for The Grey Heron

Pending Herons

Post 1

LL Waz

The Heron pending o'er the Guide is a certain source of irritation,

for during the months of May, June, July, August and September, this researcher's watch for the wretched bird's landing on the Front Page has been met with absolute frustration.

(with apologies to Edward Lear and his swallows)


Pending Herons

Post 2

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

It's my fault, I'm afraid. I started something and then got a bad attack of real life, if you get my drift. I'll just scoot off and get it finished.

If it's any comfort, my article on Langton's Ant has been in the queue even longer for a similar reason, although I'm not to blame for that one.

Sorry

Incidentally, we didn't have this conversation. smiley - whistle


Pending Herons

Post 3

LL Waz

(smiley - whistle heard nothing)

Now this has hit the Front Page, I wish to say in defence of such poised, elegant creatures, (except flying, when they look as if they shouldn't.), that herons do not teeter.

That's all. It simply needed recording smiley - chick.


Pending Herons

Post 4

Pinniped


Hey Amy

Though I've obviously heard nothing about whoever-it-was that did the artwork, I just want to say that it's brilliant.

I'm going to take a copy down to the local later this evening. The guy who told me the trip-wire tales will almost certainly be there. I already showed him the text of the Entry, and he thought it was wordy, pompous rubbish. I think the picture might go some way to redeeming this.

Once we've got him in a good mood, I'll get his take on the 'teeter' issue.

Pinsmiley - cheers


Pending Herons

Post 5

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I owed you one, Pin. smiley - cheers


Pending Herons

Post 6

Pinniped


smiley - ok

Trip-Wire Tom was indeed in residence.
He let me buy him a drink.
His considered opinion was that the picture was too good for the Entry.
His only comment on being asked whether herons could be said to teeter was 'silly bugger'.
All pretty much as expected, really.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more