A Conversation for Fuzzy Duck - a Pub Game

The aim of the game...

Post 1

26199

I always thought the idea was to get your opponent(s) to exchange the F and the D in 'Fuzzy Duck', with hilarious consequences smiley - smiley

As pointed out, this is undoubtedly more fun when drunk.

26199


The aim of the game...

Post 2

Hersh

I really hate fuzzy duck as a drinking game. Its quite one gag-tastic and so funny for about two minutes. My favourite by a long way is "Drink while you Think". Someone kicks off with a celeb/a name know to the whole group, say, "Douglas Adams" and send it left or right. The next person (to the left or right depending on which way it was sent) has to come up with someone whose first name begins with, "A", e.g. "Arthur Dent". The next person in line then has a first name beginning with "D" to contend with.

The twist is that while you're thinking, you've got to be drinking so if you're mind goes blank you're in trouble.

Other rules are; A double (e.g. Marilyn Munroe, Ronald Reagan) or a person with just one name (e.g. Cher, Prince, Madonna) reverses the direction so sends the same letter back to the sender. There is a two finger penalty for repetitions of names already had or those not recognised.

The rizla game is also top. Anyone know any others?


The aim of the game...

Post 3

Zann

Fuzzy duck is one for the less sophisticated types like me (or people who have more to drink, like me...) But "Drink while you Think" seems very fun, too!

But what is the rizla game then?


The aim of the game...

Post 4

Giraffe

When you're drunk a single gag can last a long time. That's value for money. In any case, the thing that makes all drinking games is the amusement of watching people struggle and get it wrong... the actual game is almost an irrelevance.


The aim of the game...

Post 5

Peregrin

If you've got any good drinking games, why not write an entry on them... I feel they're a worthy and valuable addition to the Edited Guide; and it's critical that we fully cover these fascinating areas.


The aim of the game...

Post 6

invisibleknight

the easiest way to make someone ELSE lose this game is to tell them what NOT to say. this sticks in their head. we normally don't play this until a fair amount of alcohol has been consumed. then it's funny.
the foreit drink is preset by a non-drinking driver.
we have beer checks (have you got a drink in your hand)
warm beer checks (is the drink cold)


The aim of the game...

Post 7

I'm not really here

We love playing fuzzy duck, but not in the pub, at home when we are really drunk it is more fun. We normally say change though, not does he. I think I might change it though, as that's much funnier.

The rizla game sounds fun, but I have never played it. We also play Cavaliers and Roundheads, but I'm not sure if that is really a drinking game. More likely one we play when we are drunk.
I think a drinking game entry sounds ideal, I need to speak to some of my mates (not on H2G2 for shame) and get their advice, as they are the Kings of drinking games.


The aim of the game...

Post 8

invisibleknight

we also play dice of death or killer card.
killer card is best. played with a standard deck, 1 person shuffles the cards face down and removes a face down card chosen at random, this is then placed under a glass with a drink in it - the forfeit.
the game then generally precedes like snap, but cards can be placed onto the deck (1 at a time), top card of the deck can be picked up (to make a pair) or cards can be exchanged with any other player. the idea of the game is not to be the person left with the last odd card. they have to drink the forfeit.
dice of death is basically who ever throws the lowest number has a drink forfeit.
we also play puddings (too bizarre to explain, even when sober)
and shackleton, an RAF drinking game. (Can't be explained to civilians, sorry. ask a RAF person)


The aim of the game...

Post 9

amdsweb

We used to play a game called clap-clap at college. This is the Mornington Crescent of drinking games.
You need a Clapodrome, a Clapometer, a Mr. Weights & Measure, a Chief Sneak, your own personal sign, and a large quantity of beer.
I can only remember the (endless) rules when I'm sloshed, and I can't type unless sober. I'll try and write an entry on it when I can work it all out. If anyone else used to play it, please let me know!

- Adam


The aim of the game...

Post 10

Hersh

The rizla game is where you're assigned a famous identity (unknown to you) and have to figure it out by asking questions to the group (who do know). Its called the rizla game cos the easiest way to do it is write the name of the adopted psedonym on a rizla and stick it a different one on each person's forehead. That way everyone playing can see who everybody else's alter ego is but not there own.

Each person asks a question to figure out who they are (eg Am a man?). As long as the answer to the question is yes, they keep, guessing. If the answer is no, it moves on to the next person.

It gets very funny and if the conversation is overheard by a passer-by they're likely to think it is a group of people who for some reason all had an encyclopaedic knowledge of each others lives but complete amnesia about their own (was I a children's TV presenter in the 1970s? Have I won any famous sporting awards? Etc..).

There's no hard and fast rules on drinking, but 2 fingers for getting a "no" response and a finish for the loser(s) is probably about par.


The aim of the game...

Post 11

Moonjack

My uncle taught me a good game called "buzz". It's very simple: you start in a circle counting up from one. If your number contains a 7 or is a muliple of 7, you say "buzz" instead of the number. If you are in a postiion to say buzz after somebody who just said buzz (ie. 27-28), then you say "buzz buzz" and then start counting in the opposite direction around the circle. if you make a mistake, take a shot or a slug of beer. The game continues until the numbers get so high nobody knows which are multiples of 7 and then starts over at 1.


The aim of the game...

Post 12

Binaryboy

Sounds a bit like Fizz Buzz. I don't know who made it up, but what you need is BIG Fizz Buzz, played with Cantorian Transfinite Ordinals. Just the thing after a pint of Galliano.


The aim of the game...Drinking Games

Post 13

TheDormouse, Greeblet

Since the topic seems to have shifted to drinking games in general, I have to tell you about my favorite. It's called the "Star Trek Drinking Game," and it is best played to the old series, but I'm sure it can be adapted to any other of the newer series. smiley - winkeye

The rules are pretty laid back and flexible, and can be modified as needed. The basics are, you drink when: there's an exterior view of the Enterprise (9 times in the opening credits, if I recall), anytime a phaser is used, a door opening sound is heard, and anytime someone is "beamed." Extra drinks are to be had whenever Spock does something Vulcanish, or when Shatner tries to act (my favorite reason to drink). smiley - tongueout

Other things I've heard of people drinking to are scenes where there is one person in each of the Starfleet uniforms (also referred to as tri-color), anytime made-up science is used, and anytime Jim refers to Dr, McCoy as "Bones." Like I said, this game is nothing if not flexible.

If anyone's got any versions to play for the other series, I'd love to hear 'em. Any excuse to drink a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, I always say!


The aim of the game...

Post 14

Martin Harper

Wasn't there some highly cool rule for numbers which were multiples of 7 *and* contained a 7?


The aim of the game...

Post 15

Researcher 160037

I don't remember this rule, but another game...

It's called "Meiern" (yep, a german game. "Meier" is a common german name, but don't ask me why the game is called that way...)

One throws two dice with a cup, but doesn't show the result to anyone! Then one announces what one's got. Since the actual throw remains hidden under the cup, no one knows for sure wether one is lying. The next one in the round can either a) accept the announced result, or b) demand that the thrower "shows up".

a) if he accepts, he must throw the dice (again: hide the result) and must hope, that his roll is higher. Naturally he will announce a higher result, hoping his neighbour believes him.

b) if the announced result is not believed, one has to show the actual result. If the dice show at least the announced result the "challenger" must drink. If not, the "challenged" must drink.

One can imagine that the chance for higher rolls becomes quite small as the game commences. To make the whole thing a bit more interesting there is a special way of counting: The result of the two dices is established bye making multiplying the dice with the higher number with ten and then adding the numbers. So a 4 and a 2 makes 42, a 2 and a 3 makes 32, two fours make 44, and so on...

The doubles (11, 22, 33, etc) are counted higher than the "normal number", so the 11 is better than the 65.

The 21 is even more special: This is the "Meier" and counts as the best result of all!

If anyone has had to drink he is the next one to roll, and the game "resets", so he can roll any number without having to worry.

In short one has to drink if a) one was caught bluffing, b) one failed to roll a high enough number, or c) one accused someone of a bluff and was incorrect.

Anything understood? No? Don't worry, that was probably just me. smiley - winkeye


The aim of the game...

Post 16

amdsweb

We used to play a similar game using playing cards and Sambuca called Cheat (more usually called something with the word cheat and a number of expletives). Sambuca is great for drinking games, as you can get horrendously drunk from the ground up very quickly. Oh and there is the added advantage of the immense hangover the next day.


The aim of the game...

Post 17

Binaryboy

Hello chaps...

I like the way this is turning. We played the dice game on the train to Brussels and ended up drinking ALL the beer on the Eurostar.

Good God


The aim of the game...

Post 18

Martin Harper

the dice game sounds rather like poker dice - another superb game, but requiring somewhat specialised equipment...


Key: Complain about this post