A Conversation for Favourite Cars

Rally Cars

Post 1

Random Task

What is everyone's favorite World Rally Team? My personal favorite is the mighty mighty Subaru Impreza. its 1994cc Flat-4 Engine 300 bhp , 4 wheel Drive has those Hondas and Toyotas wondering why they even bothered. I will say that Ford has a winner with their Focus though. Or it could be because they got Colin McRae to drive for them.

Let us know!


Rally Cars

Post 2

Maddestman

My favourite World Rally Team of all time is the Ford Escort.
But the escort has now been "retired" (boo hiss), so I have several favourites in the current WRC: The Ford Focus (of course), the Subaru Imprezza (just plain awesome) and the Mitsubishi Lancer (not exactly a slow car either smiley - smiley ).

I plan on building a "replica" Ford Escort RS-1800 (A two-door Mk-II Escort fitted with a Cosworth BDA engine, front & rear spoiler, and various other bits and pieces) and probably rally racing it. The RS-1800 was one of the most sucessful rally cars of the mid-to-late 70's and early 80's, and are still raced today.

I also would consider getting a Mk II Mexico Escort, and increasing its power output smiley - smiley

For more information and pictures of the Mk II RS-1800 & Mk II Mexico escorts, go to
http://www.turbocharger.co.uk/


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more