A Conversation for How to Do the Washing-up

Other cleaning substances

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

We used to have a problem with tea-stained teaspoons. Richard found (don't know how) that they could be cleaned by standing them in a cup containing mixture of hot water and soap powder. Yes, that's right, the stuff you wash your clothes with. You can get a lot of froth when the soap reacts with the tea on the spoons, so don't over-fill the cup.

Regarding bleach, sometimes you only need its colour-reducing properties. I used to use a white cup for various kinds of herbal and fruit teas. Although I washed the cup daily, after a period of months it developed a dark stain which I couldn't shift. I eventually got rid of the stain by pouring Milton solution into the cup and leaving it to stand overnight. The stain has gone.


Other cleaning substances

Post 2

NickTheBatMan

A little more expensive than wishing soda is to use Sterident tablets smiley - erm !

Once you've seen how well they clean off the tea stain, you'll wonder what they do to your dentures !

Not that I have them... yet smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more