A Conversation for Super Mario Brothers - the Computer Games

Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 1

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

I happen to konw - because my sister has played all the way through Super Mario World 2; Yoshi's Island more times than I can count on my fingers - that if you play all the way through that game you will find out how that game makes sense with everything else. Sort of.

According to the games, they weren't born, the Stork brought them. smiley - huh

What happened in the beginning was the Stork was carrying baby Mario and baby Luigi to Brooklyn when he got attacked and Bad Guys stole Luigi. The Yoshies play the game in order to take baby Mario to baby Luigi and get them back together and back on their way. The game ends with babies Mario and Luigi being at last deposited on the doorstep in Brooklyn.

Then several years later, they are working on their plumbing job when they open a "Warp Zone" which transports them to the Mushroom Kingdom for the rest of the old video games. I happen to know that because when I was a little kid I watched one of the TV serieses.

Just thought that might clear things up.
smiley - towelNerd42


Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 2

eskim007the2nd

thank you very mush for the information
i ll go and rest in peace now


Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 3

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

Well, it talks about that in the article, and I happened to know it wasn't quite correct.
smiley - towelNerd42


Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 4

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

it says, (i quote)

"A Break In The Continuity
A problem that persists when discussing the brothers is that of their age. In Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, it is stated that the Mario Brothers were actually twins born in the Mushroom World - yet every other game, cartoon and even their film has ignored these notions. As it messes up the continuity, the idea of the Mario Brothers being twins is often thrown out of the window. However, theories still abound - for example, Luigi wasn't delivered at the same time as Mario, Luigi wasn't considered born and didn't age. But this is most likely nonsense. Just remember that Mario is the older brother, Luigi is a few years younger, and disregard Yoshi's Island."
smiley - towelNerd42


Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 5

SuperMoo: Now With Even More Online-ness

...speaking of the TV series...did they actually ever say which was older in the live action one...?
anywho...now for some good ol' mario song!

smiley - musicalnote
DO THE MARIO!
Swing your arms from side to side
Come on it's time to GO DO THE MARIO!
Take one step, and then again
Come on it's time to GO DO THE MARIO!
*classic mario theme interlude*
Just Like That!
smiley - musicalnote


Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 6

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

never heard of that.

My hobby is setting up my comptuer to play console video games - but mostly I do Final Fantasy.
smiley - towelNerd42


Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 7

syxtfour

The continuity error I speak of isn't so much where they were born, but rather their age. Mario's always been considered the older brother, but for both of them to come along at the same time would mean they were twins. Its a problem that hasn't really been addressed since then, which is why I suggest you disregard it altogether.


Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 8

SuperMoo: Now With Even More Online-ness

...disregard what...smiley - silly

anywho...it was a series in which mario and luigi basically hosted a show in which there we're a bunch of short cartoons...I used to watch it a loooooong long time ago...but recently a friend of mine lent me a tape which featured a cartoon Legend of Zelda sort of thing...in which Link was a pervert and the fairy...(I want to say her name was Twink) was jelous as Link was trying to get a kiss from Zelda...it was pretty funny...


Birth of Mario and Luigi

Post 9

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

U can watch those on Yahoo somewhere for free...
smiley - towelNerd42


Key: Complain about this post