Bob Stafford - Welcome to my H2G2 photo gallery.

0 Conversations


- Welcome to Bob Staffords H2G2 Photo Gallery -
A Member Of The The h2g2 Photographers
whoever is looking at this page will see their name here
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space

Hi and welcome to my photographic entry site.

Hi I am BobStafford. smiley - blackcat

And welcome to my third piece of space on ZZ9ZZA, where I list my photographs that have been chosen to illistrate entries. I have been here since 2nd February 2006, the first entry photograph was in October 2006.

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space

Now Please feel free, to wander about, smiley - footprints and if you like and comment and ask questions.

I am mainly into history and have a passing interest in beer and cider. smiley - cheers Please ask if you want help of any kind on matters photographic and what little I know is at your disposal. In fact if I can help with anything at all just ask.

Please Visit and Support The h2g2 Photographers

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space
Cats Willow.

Cats

Cats are very probably one of the laziest life forms in the world.

They manage to sleep, or 'nap', approximately 85% of their lives, spending their short times awake eating, sleeping and leaving 'gifts' for the humans that think they own them.

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space
Some images of the gyronny of the 17th Century.

17th Century Military Flags

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space

A flag is a piece of material fixed to a staff which represents a person or a group of people with a common interest or purpose (mainly country representation or military usage). Flags may come in any size and shape, but the most common is square or rectangular. Flags are also known as 'colours' or ensigns.

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space
Some mobile phones.

Mobile Phones

Hi. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Right. Bye.

Mobile phones are small machines which let you talk to people far away who have similar machines. They are usually owned by people who spend most of their time travelling foolishly long distances in order to meet other people who have travelled foolishly long distances, which makes one wonder why they don't simply call each other on their mobile phones in the first place.

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space
Black powder gunners in action.

A History Of Black Powder Guns

The European inventors of the black powder gun include a monk, Berthold Schwarz, in around 1330, and Roger Bacon, a friar from Ilchester, Somerset, in 1214. Both are credited with coming up with the idea of the gun. It is interesting to note the unfortunate coincidence that the most efficient in the last 700 years was thought up by a churchmen.

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space
A gunner.

The History of English Black Powder and Gunpowder

The first thing to state about black powder is that, like the wheel, no one knows who invented it. Many have claimed the invention but it has been decided that on balance it was the Chinese or the Arabs, probably both, independently of each other. The first invention was black powder, which was developed during the period between 890 to 1050 AD, and was refined into gunpowder in Europe after the development of firearms. Paradoxically it was returned to China and Arabia in its improved form by the European invaders.

smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space

- Thank You For Visiting My H2G2 Photo Gallery -
Click here to return to Bobstafford's Personal Space Where you will find a full list of my photographs in the guide. Or go to Bob Staffords Guide Entry Site.
whoever is looking at this page will see their name here
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A31573677

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more