A Conversation for Call Centres

CALL CENTRE

Post 1

Shy-Ravens

CAN BE BIT TEDIOUS AT TIMES WITH ODD WORKING PATTERNS AND STUFF.
IM IN ONE RIGHT NOW , BORED CAUSE TOO MANY PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH CALLS


CALL CENTRE

Post 2

Aximili

You might want to ease off on the CAPS SPEAK. On here it's considered to be shouting. Just a bit of friendly advicesmiley - smiley

I'm thinking of applying to a call center. What's the one you work in like?


CALL CENTRE

Post 3

MrPin

I've got my first shift in one tonight! Training (unpaid!) all weekend, and now they're going to let me loose on the phones. Outgoing calls, and it's just market research surveys instead of selling, so we're like the good guys in the world of cold calling. National crime surveys, all that jive. Seems a decent place, nice atmosphere, staffed entirely by scruffy studenty types with a few mad old women presiding over the whole thing. Should be a larf.

Interesting fact no. 1:
In call centres they have speakers in the roof pumping out quiet white noise to muffle the sound of the people working alongside you, without spoling your sound signal through the mic.


CALL CENTRE

Post 4

Vip

White noise, eh. Now that I think about it, of course you'd need it, otherwise everone would go crazy. Or more crazy.

Any more gems of wisdom for us, MrPin? smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more