A Conversation for Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK

Getting out

Post 1

Rubenstein

Cumbernauld is with out a doubt one of the most souless towns in Scotland. I had the misfortune of growing up with the area. Cumbernauld is split in to 'schemes' all of which contain there own little suburban villages and schools. It is the desire of a good many people to get out of Cumbernauld and i am among there number. There are three main access points out of cumbernauld. Cumbernauld Train, Croy Train and Cumbernauld Bus - stations. Croy Train station is on the outskirts of the newest sections of cumbernauld in the Forth and Clyde Valley. The Other train Station is situated in Kildrum, near abronhill. The station only has a line that runs to glasgow. Croy station however runs to both edinburgh and glasgow. Including stops in Stirlling, and routes to Falkirk. The large mall type shopping centre contains the Bus station, with either side of the carraieway being used for bus lanes. The 'Town centre' as the building is known is not one massive bus station as many vistors assume. It is perhaps the simplest form of transit from the centre of cumbernauld to elsewhere. As opposed to going via glasgow. I commend you get out of new towns now, and try somewhere witha sense of community before the middle class suburban knightmare consumes you.

'Getting married is for folk from places like Cumbernauld where theres f**k all else to do'
The Acid House By I. Welsh


Key: Complain about this post

Getting out

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more