A Conversation for Killarney, Kerry, Ireland

another thing...

Post 1

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

i like Killarney coz it is near 2 where my best friend lives smiley - smiley


another thing...

Post 2

Astrogoth

Hello!

Where exactly does your friend live? Is he/she(/it?) on h2g2 also? Let me know - it would be nice to meet someone from the area online.

Thanks
smiley - pirate
AG


another thing...

Post 3

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

she lives in Milltown, but she's moving soon 2 america soon smiley - sadface
her comp keeps bustin so shes not on h2g2 yet. when she comes over here next month i'll get her 2 say hi thru my wotsit, ok?
kerry is a v beautiful area (ive stayed wiv her several times), ur real lucky 2 live ther!
luv t'other omylouse smiley - smiley


another thing...

Post 4

Astrogoth

No way! My parents live in Milltown! Or at least, only 3 miles out. Wow. Talk about coincidence smiley - wow.

That's really cool. except for her moving to america... At this rate I'll never find out who she is smiley - smiley

You're right - it is very beautiful here. I really love this place. It's such a big change from Holland (where I'm originally from), especially when the sun shines (which it does all too rarely...).

Take care
Astrodome "sunscreen" Goth


another thing...

Post 5

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

wow! it really is a small world!!! clare (my m8) lives on the outskirts of milltown along the killarney road, so u've prob passed her house several times! smiley - wow
im lucky, when i come over we generally seem 2 get good weather, i was once told i must b a good luck charm 4 the weather there! or mayb its jus that compared to the 'sunny' midlands its better there! smiley - cool
luv t'other omylouse smiley - smiley


another thing...

Post 6

Astrogoth

Hi there!

You must be a good luck charm - you're not over now, are you? The weather here is just fabulous, dahling smiley - smiley.

I went cycling today - managed to knock my front wheel off a stone (I was offroading), proceeded to fly off my bike, scraped along the ground with my left elbow and right hand on my back (don't ask... I'm not sure myself how that is possible) and lost most of the skin on the elbow, and some of the skin on my hand. And I ripped my shortssmiley - bruised. Bugger!

So I'm typing this with one hand and a great deal of difficulty.. Tell your friend I said hello, and ask her does she know the Dutch (that's Dutch as in nationality, not Dutch as in namesmiley - smiley) family living near Milltown. I might even have gone to school with her (what age is she?).

Take care.

Astrodome "bruised and battered" Goth


another thing...

Post 7

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

nah, not over now, wish i was tho!
ouch! that sounds mighty painful! poor u! smiley - injured
i dont think eires good 4 cyclists, mates brother was on his bike & got knocked by a car & was sent flying into field smiley - erm
he was ok, tho (littler buggar!)
i'll ask her when i next speak to her (it'll give me a good excuse 2 phone smiley - winkeye)
btw, shes 16, nearly 17
me smiley - smiley


another thing...

Post 8

Astrogoth

Hey Omylouse!

Shame you're not over - now would be a really good time to be here. The weather is still holding, but God only knows what tomorrow will bring (wasn't that in a song?)

I guess I didn't go to school with your friend - I'm 22, so unless I was held back, oh, about 6 times in a row (which I wasn't! Honest!), I couldn't really be in the same class as her... Oh well. I might know her from seeing her around.

Ireland is not good for cyclists who have accidents.. It is fabulous for the other kind (the ones that DON'T!) I'm glad to hear her bro was OK. I know what it's like to have accidents (painful...) so I can sympathise...

Tell her I said hi when you talk to her smiley - smiley

Take care

Astrodome "accident-prone" Goth


another thing...

Post 9

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

hey astrodome
wish i was over there, would b better than here (tho id miss my toaster - loooooong story!)
u probly even walkd past her in the street a few times wivout realising! i gotta fone her sumtime soon 2 find out wen she can come over (keep 4gettin tho, doh!) so i'll say hi 2 her then, really freak her out! heehee! smiley - winkeye
luv t'other omylouse smiley - smiley


another thing...

Post 10

Lonlier Numeral in Ace Hen

Hey! I'm going to be in Killarney on Wednesday for a week! I'm glad to hear it's a really nice place, I'm really looking forward to it. Have you got any suggestions of places well worth visiting in the area? Is this Strawberry Tree place as good as it sounds? I can't wait to be there, it will be my first holiday on my own with a friend, little bit scary, but should be great! Is it very touristy at this time of year? Not too busy I hope. I'm hoping that the weather will be good for at least one day while we're there!

Elly


another thing...

Post 11

Astrogoth

Hey Omy!

Kewl! You're coming over! We must see if we can meet up... The Strawberry Tree is, alas, no more (read the Update conversation for more info...), but there are lots of essential places to visit - after all, Killarney is probably one of the most beautiful areas in Ireland.

First of, there is the Muckross House and gardens. These are situated overlooking the lakes and mountsins around Killarney, and are very beautiful. Of course, there are lots of places that are wonderful, so I will concentrate on the nightlife... smiley - tongueout

Courtney's (as the Strawberry Tree is now known as) is still pretty good. You have the biggest chance of meeting me out there... Let me know when you will be arriving, where you will hang out and I will see if I can meet you... That would be mad!

Typing this has made me realise I don't even know where you're from... So. Where ARE you from? What do you do? Please tell me, I'm dying to know...

Astrodome smiley - biggrin Goth


another thing...

Post 12

Lonlier Numeral in Ace Hen

Hi. Sorry I'm not Omy my name's Elly (user name Lonlier Numeral in Ace Hen). I was just sending a random post as I came across this guide entry and just thought I would write a message because I'll be over there soon. Thanks for replying though.

LNIAH


another thing...

Post 13

Astrogoth

DOH!

*Slaps forehead*

I'm so sorry!! I got so excited by the thought of someone I know from h2g2 coming over that I didn't bother to read the UserID.. I just assumed it was Omylouse coz I'd been writing to her all this time.

My sincere apopogies
smiley - blush

Let me know how you get on here. I really hope you enjoy your stay, and if you need any specific info, just leave a message here, and I will tell you anything you need to know (insofar as I am capable of anywaysmiley - winkeye).

*bows*
Astrodome Goth


another thing...

Post 14

Lonlier Numeral in Ace Hen

Hi,

I'm back from Killarney, I had an excellent time. I'm still completely in awe of how beautiful the scenery is there and all over Kerry. We went on a tour of the Ring of Kerry which was amazing, I get my photos back today so hopefully I've got some nice ones from that trip. I actually really miss being there, me and my friend just got so used to that way of life, it's just really dull and boring now I'm back home.

We visited a few of the pubs and I think we did find Courtney's although there seemed to be two of them, there was one that looked like it was shut down and then another right at the end of that really long and very posh restaurant for over 21's. We would have gone into that Courtney's, but it didn't look all that welcoming with the one-way windows that you can't see through from the outside. Two of the pubs that we did visit were really nice, they were called The Laurels and O'Connors I think, we really liked them, although all the other pubs we went to were nice as well.

we really liked the National Park as well, there are so many little places you can explore there, and it's all so pretty, I think we went there nearly every day.

I wanted to ask you something, kind of about the way you locals speak. If someone asks you 'Got the time?' does that mean they are asking you if you want to go out with them in the evening because one of the drivers of the jaunting cars kept saying it to me and my friend. The first time he asked us we thought he was just asking the time, so we were like 'No sorry we haven't got watches' and another guy who was riding in the cart said 'No, tonight' so we were completely confused. He asked us again another time, so we just smiled at him thinking this time he was probably just taking the mick. I would just be really grateful if you would clear that up for me, thanks. Sorry, if we sound like completely thick English people!

LNIAH


another thing...

Post 15

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

sorry to disapoint u. i was thinkin bout coming over, but mum wont let me. spending to much cash on holidays neway this year! if & when i do go over next i'll let u know so as we can meet up somewher, ok?

me? tyhats nothing interestin. im 17 yr old student (jus finished AS levels) & i live in birmingham, uk. (used 2 live in london & hated it!- i got a thing against big cities!)


another thing...

Post 16

Astrogoth

Sorry ppl. Been away from the net for a while.

To answer your question (or, rather, not...) I have no idea what these people meant. I would assume that they were talking about the time, but then I've never been picked up by a jarvey (me being male probably has something to do with that, I suspect smiley - bigeyes), so I'm not a reliable source...

Goth


another thing...

Post 17

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

i bin away 4 the past 2 weeks 1 so hello again peeps & what've u bin doin wiv urselfs this summer?


another thing...

Post 18

Lonlier Numeral in Ace Hen

Hi,

Thanks for answering my question. smiley - smiley I just wasn't sure if what the guy said was a common Irish saying, but I guess it's not and the guy just must be weird.

So, how's Killarney? Still as nice as ever probably, I really miss it. smiley - wah I had such a good time there, I'll definitely be going back there sometime I think.


another thing...

Post 19

Astrogoth

Great to hear you enjoyed yourself while you were here. Sorry about the deay in answering, but I have been away for a while.

Killarney is (as you've guessed) still as nice as ever, if somewhat quiet. The tourist season has ended, and town goes as close to dead as any non-living entity can get... smiley - smiley

If you do decide to come back here, let me know, and maybe we could meet up or something. At least that way you won't be bothered by the (somewhat..) strange locals. And I'm bound to know a few places that tourists never get to see (sometimes with good reason smiley - winkeye)

Take care
Asmiley - thiefG


another thing...

Post 20

the other omylouse "multiply (1*6) by (6*1+0+3)!"

hey did u go 2 Puck fair this year? my mate said it was really good. shes moving 2 florida soon (damn, there goes my free stay in milltown!), but we might both go back over 4 Puck next year if we can smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post