A Conversation for Metatarsals

Tingle

Post 1

Maw Maw

This entry has made my feet tingle. Cheers.


Tingle

Post 2

Researcher 93445

It's sometimes said that good writing affects the reader in the gut. Apparently I hit you somewhat lower down.


Tingle

Post 3

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

ffmike, may I ask what inspired this toe-tingling article. I eagerly await the companion article on gout.


Tingle

Post 4

Researcher 93445

I'm never quite sure what inspires my Guide entries. I think in this case I was just browsing through a copy of _Gray's Anatomy_ that happened to be nearby, and ended up wondering how many people knew what a metatarsal was.


What now?

Post 5

Just-another-number

how about the metacarples? All you have to do is change every mention of feet to hands, simple!


What now?

Post 6

Researcher 93445

Well, with 200+ bones and who knows how many other little fiddly bits, the human body is fertile soil for Guide entries. I've already done the bones of the inner ear, though it hasn't come up for approval yet. It's a small start...


Tingle

Post 7

Researcher 93445

"Gout" is now available for your viewing pleasure at http://www.h2g2.com/A263017 .


Tingle

Post 8

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

And a painfully good yarn it is, I must say.

Brought tears to my eyes just thinking of last night's meal of sheep brains washed down with beer.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more