A Conversation for An Introduction to The Beatles

anthology

Post 1

Seagull's Lost Horizon

I have the tv version taped, and I have the videos, but besides the extra materal in the videos, are they different?, in the tv one I remember george saying that polythene pam was one of his favorites but don't remember seeing it on the videos, can anyone help,

I've also bought the book, or rather it was given to me, not read it yet, has anyone else read it and what do you think


anthology

Post 2

DUOTWR

hiya,

was given the book for Christmas, but haven;t got round to reading it yet. My concern (although it's not stressing me) is that you kinda get to the stage where you've heard all the stories. Ah well, hopw there are some gems to be discovered.

BTW, the Revolution in the Head book (is that the one I'm thinking of, where the songs are analyse one by one, erm..... getting a bit lost) is possibly the best Beatles book I've read. For four years in our studnt flat it had to be kept to hand permanently for easy reference.


anthology

Post 3

Seagull's Lost Horizon

yeah I've seen the tv anthology a couple of times and the videos too, then there's the john lennon film imagine I've seen a couple of times a documentary not so long, a doco about their money.....etc, so I'm a little overdosed on beatles stuff,

so whats the Revolution in the Head book like?


anthology

Post 4

Researcher 200662

It would have been nice if the "Real Love" video was included in the Anthology video set. I liked the session bits, and the morphing. Perhaps it'll be in the DVD version. Also, the group ( Ringo, Paul and George together in one room) interviews were supposed to replace the individual interviews, but there weren't really that many group interviews, so maybe they were too late? Love the bit where George is playing his ukelele and Paul is trying to get him to recall an incident at Hrishikesh. and George just completely ignores him!


anthology

Post 5

Seagull's Lost Horizon

that's the thing I hate about these things, they do all the stuff but don't include the new thing they've done, very annoying.

I taped all the anthology stuff off tv and then bought the videos, so if there's different interviews in both then I'll have to keep both, perhaps the dvd will included both.

I loved real love great music, not quite so sure about free as a bird, nice music but the lyrics, the lennon n stuff was ok, didn't sound great, and the new stuff was ok, but didn't fit the lennon stuff. I mean free as a bird is the next best thing to be - great, but the stuff the others wrote didn't fit it was just the same as gearge's when we was fab.

yeah love that bit with george.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more