A Conversation for American Teenage Stereotypes

Missing something...

Post 1

timmons0396

This totally forgets about the gangsta/ wiggas catagory. They make up at least half if not more of my school in the Northeast (US). Boys will wear pants that are at least 5 or 6 sizes too big so that the waist of their pants is down to their knees, they wear brand new white basketball sneakers, and big, bulky, and often shiny/ glittery hoodies. They'll also usually have huge shiny chains around their necks with large crosses or medalians. The girls wear tight jeans, big shoes and small shirts, often with hoodies that are WAY too big for them. They listen to rap/ hip-hop and think that they're better than everyone else, they don't generally interact with other groups of people and are usually into sports.
Is also doesn't mention the Emo kids, who usually aren't very colorful, they wear clothes that are WAY too small for them and have dark hair that covers half or all of their face. They are similar to the goths, but are often a lot more depressed, known as "cutters", and listen to music like Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy. They'll also have dark make-up and nailpolish, boys and girls alike.
My school is made up mostly of the Emo Kids, Gangsta Wiggas, Jocks, Skaters, Nerds, Scene Kids, Rockers/ Moshers, and Losers, or Loners.

I don't know what catagory I would put myself in, because I'm pretty big mix. I'm in a lot of smart classes, but don't over-exert myself, I'm usually wearing jeans, not too tight and not too baggy, a plainish T-shirt, and plain black sneakers. I like mostly 90s alternative music. My friends basically wear the same, whatever they think looks good.


Key: Complain about this post

Missing something...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more