A Conversation for Theatre Lighting Technicians

What about...

Post 1

cafram - in the states.

...the gaffer tape?! I couldn't live without mine...we hoard it at our local theatre - there're only 2 of us who know where it's kept smiley - winkeye


What about...

Post 2

driverchris

Oh so true, gaffer tape is like the force, it has a light side, and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Crescent wrench? shurely shome mishtake, that should be an A.J.
You'll also need a tool to get all the paint out of your practicals after the daubers have been in.


What about...

Post 3

Researcher 196517

Gaffer (gaffa) tape is the best thing invented! especially for fixing Jeans on a Job! A Technician without Gaffer is like a world without hope!


What about...

Post 4

Wench1486

Gaff tape is great for clothing, but not so much good for wounds. Electrical tape works better because it doesn't slide off from the sweat.


What about...

Post 5

njan (afh)

Ah, but you forget...

...stick gaffer tape to gaffer tape, and you have a substance which'll survive even a nuclear a blast. Build yourself a house out of gaffer tape stuck to gaffer tape, and you'll be eating cockroaches for years after everyone else's gone. smiley - biggrin


What about...

Post 6

minerva

My cell phone is held together with gaff tape, and so are my two favorite pair of work shorts (oh, so many pockets!). Both of them split on the job, leaving my bum exposed for the world to see. Luckily my boss pointed it out to me before anyone else could see it.

Sidenote: Yesterday I was dusting a truss which hadn't been cleaned since our venue opened five years ago. Some of the cables had been gaff taped to the truss. When I pulled the gaff off to replace it with new, it had taken on the consistency of a potato chip and left super sticky residue on the metal. The same residue is still, after about 30 washings, causing my fingertips to stick together!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more