A Conversation for Ohio, USA

Cleveland

Post 1

Atlantic_Cable

The only thing I know about Cleveland is that's where "Howard The Duck" was set.


Cleveland

Post 2

J

Then you have a lot of learning to do.

smiley - blacksheep


Cleveland

Post 3

blaue Augen

Cleveland is actually a very nice city!

It's a nice entry, Jodan! I had always heard the riddle "What's round on both ends and high in the middle?" smiley - laugh I read several interesting things that I had not known before (and I did grow up in Ohio.) I have mentioned Ohio's (at least some parts) lack of accent and many people didn't believe me! It was nice to see I wasn't making it up. Thanks for the entry!


smiley - smiley


Cleveland

Post 4

Techmission

This first time I heard the riddle "What's high in the middle and round on both ends?" comes from a Loony Tunes cartoon where Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny are doing a vaudeville comedy show type thingy. I'm sure its much much older than that.... anyone know of the origin?

Love this post, a lot a didn't know of my ancestral home (mom is from Cleveland, I sent her the link it will make her laugh for sure).

-tech


Cleveland

Post 5

Deidzoeb

Here's another good riddle with a visual pun. You have to draw as you set up the joke verbally. Use a pencil with an eraser.

A hunter was chasing a rabbit through the woods when it ran into a hollow log.

[Draw two parallel lines representing the sides of the log, and a circle representing each end of the log. The perspective is all wrong, but don't worry about that just yet.]

The hunter pounded on the log to scare the rabbit out, but it wouldn't go. So he pulled out his chainsaw (?!) and cut the log in half.

[Draw a line through the middle of the log, perpendicular to the first two parallel lines.]

smiley - smileyHIsmiley - smiley

The rabbit still wouldn't come out, so he cut each of the halves in half.

[Draw two more lines so the log has four pieces approximately equal.]

The rabbit still wouldn't come out. The hunter thought he heard something in the second section, so he cut that one in half the other way.

[Draw a line through the second section, running parallel to the sides of the log.]

The hunter listened and carefully turned over each piece of the log, but they were all empty. Where was the rabbit?

[Erase the first two parallel lines you drew and the remaining circles and lines should spell O H I O. Okay, an adult could probably see this coming a mile away, but it's a good trick for kids.]


Cleveland

Post 6

Deidzoeb

aaaaargh! Ignore that smiley - smileyHIsmiley - smiley part. I meant to put that at the bottom of the post.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more