A Conversation for 'Eyes Wide Shut' - the Film

EWS: Appropriate End

Post 1

Christkiller Johnson

Eyes Wide Shut was an appropriate end for an awful filmmaker, whose last great film (Strangelove) was eventually overpowered by his later and lengthier plodding movies (EWS being a prime example). Though I'll agree that Kubrick's finale did provoke thought, it was not the sort of thought that I generally seek out. It was painful to watch, a film so fascinatingly bad, it *forced* the viewer to partake of its lack-of-majesty. Do not watch this movie if you are expecting genius; rather, watch this movie for the horrific experience of a half nude Nicole Kidman giving each and every line a bucket of pause.


EWS: Appropriate End

Post 2

lizardflix

I'm sure nobody is reading this anymore but the best thing about the ending was this crappy movie I had anticipated for years was finally over and I could go get a drink to wash away the memories. I think Stanley was losing it in his last days and nobody had the nerve to tell the emperor he had no clothes.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more