A Conversation for Heaven - The Christian's Blessed Hope

Don't know what to choose

Post 1

Alfredo


These times there are so many religions, that I don't know which one "to fight" for.
First I'll wait and see what kind of heaven they can offer.

Do I want a heaven full of suïcide bombers, or a heaven with popes like Ratzinger, or stuffed with Bible Belt ministers.

Meditating until all eternity?
A week is more then enough.

Loving god, day in day out, for all eternity?

And all these poor friends that did not make it into heaven; but they súrely have the best music! (and probably the best sex smiley - smiley

No, first I want to see all these heavens in TV commercials, before I decide what I have to do to earn such a place after death.

And where will Bush be, or Mao, or Brigitte Bardot.

Let's make a real party; heaven party, so that we'll be strong when we meet inhabitants in the heaven we will once enter.
But there múst be an escape door, in case we don't like it.


Greetings from heavenly Amsterdamned


Don't know what to choose

Post 2

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

Just be a good person, and seek God with all your heart. Then when you wait outside the gate, your heart will be lighter than the Feathers of Truth, and Osiris will welcome you with open arms.


Don't know what to choose

Post 3

shagbark

There was a novel written about a man who loved a woman.
He made it into christian heaven, she into vallhalla. He gave up heaven to be with her.
Hopefully in reality noone will ever have to make such a choice.


Don't know what to choose

Post 4

shagbark

On a lighter note my mother used to talk about a huge tortise shell in heaven- she said that is where the hardshell baptists will hold communion.smiley - silly


Don't know what to choose

Post 5

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

What's that book called? It sounds interesting.


Don't know what to choose

Post 6

shagbark

I remembered enough to google it. The book was written in 1984 by Robert A Heinlein and is titled "Job: A Comedy of Justice'
for more see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job:_A_Comedy_of_Justice


Don't know what to choose

Post 7

Alfredo


I remember a Dutch writer once saying, i.r.t the book "Job".

"Well, if even Gód can be seduced, we are really without hope".


Don't know what to choose

Post 8

shagbark

I am quite sure satan never talked God into doing anything he didn't already plan on.
"Now abides faith hope, and love"
Happy Valentines Day everyone.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more