A Conversation for Disc Jockeys (DJs)

important addittion

Post 1

Pat La Mouche

There is a difference between British DJ's and others: British DJ's only play 2 hour sets, while other DJ's, amateurs and professionals consider 6 to 8 hour sets to be normal. British DJ's get paid MORE for their 2 hour sets than others for their much longer sets.
This is a very strange situation, especially if one takes into consideration that the best DJ's are non-British, or Brits who work abroad...
(And don't get me started on British clubs!)


important addittion

Post 2

Tismey

The reason British DJs play shorter sets is because of the rubbish licensing laws in England. If a British DJ played a 6 hour set, then they wouldn't be able to get to the bar and get a pint in, would they? And surely it's simply a demonstration of the characteristsic British shrewdness to do shorter sets and get paid more, so they can get more pints in.
Mind you I have to say i like the way you say 'the best DJs are non-British' as if it's a properly established fact with scientific evidence, when it's obviously the rather ill-thought through opinion of someone who sounds like feel they got overcharged when they went to see, say, Seb Fontaine or somesuch play for 2 hours in a club that was a bit packed and didn't have a fountain in the middle of the dancefloor or something. I notice you've not bothered taking into account the fact that you're not specifying the kind of music you're talking about - name me two half-decent non-british drum 'n' bass DJs, for example.



important addittion

Post 3

Jagged Jack

I could name you at least 20 'Half decent' non British Drum 'n' Bass DJ's but i won't because that would just make what you said look silly.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more