A Conversation for Mystery Science Theater 3000

I just can't help it

Post 1

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Do you ever find yourself quoting MST3K in everyday conversations, and whoever you're talking to looks at you like you're crazy?

Or is it just me?


I just can't help it

Post 2

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes while at work I say "What do you think, sirs?"

They think I'm being polite smiley - smiley


I just can't help it

Post 3

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Whenever I see a guy with a beard (but it has to look a certain way), I always want to shout out "Huzzah!", but I only say it under my breath, because I don't want to get into fights.

The ones I do say out loud are usually really obscure, so much so that I can't think of any until some poor unsuspecting soul prompts me. The only one that comes to mind right now is the one I posted in your Simpson's forum. Can you guess which one it is?

Here's two hints:

1. It's a Joel

2. Another quote from it is, "watch out for snakes".

GreyRose


I just can't help it

Post 4

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I didn't recognize the one in the simpsons forum, but the snakes quotes is a great one from Eegah!

The movie was terribly disturbing, especially all the weird stuff with Eegah and the girl and her dad offering her to Eegah. Ick.


I just can't help it

Post 5

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Yeah, it's from Eegah. The "Wowee wow wow" is something Arch Hall Jr. says about Roxy before the party. It just popped into my head, like all the rest of them.

I love the snakes line. The funny thing is that I saw Mitchell before Eegah, and at the beginning of Mitchell, Servo says "watch out for snakes". I didn't know what he was talking about until I saw Eegah.

I'm watching MST3K right now. It's "The She-Creature". It's from the Sci-Fi days. I think it's kind of any early one, since this is the one where Pearl picks up Brain Guy. I like this episode, but I haven't seen one I didn't like. smiley - smiley

GreyRose

Oh yeah, I think the absolutely most disturbing thing in Eegah is when she's shaving him and he licks the shaving cream off his face. His tounge looks like a giant pink slug!


I just can't help it

Post 6

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Arch Hall Jr! LOL! There is a local car commercial here with a guy who has to be Arch Hall Jr. all growed up smiley - smiley

I actually bought Mitchell from Rhino so I could see Joel escape. What I wasn't prepared for was the horror of Joe Don Baker. I mean, he wasn't that disgusting in Fletch......but ick! The scene with him and the hooker.......I still have trouble sleeping at night.

My favorite part was when Mitchell had the screaming match with the little kid. That kid never had a chance.

Mitchell!!

-TVF


I just can't help it

Post 7

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

My, my, my, my Mitchell!

Oh, I know, so sick. Did, you see the Sci-Fi episode "Final Justice"? It has Joe Don Baker in it, and he plays this sherrif that chases some guy to Italy or something (I haven't watched that one all that much, guess what I'm watching tonight!).

Back to Mitchell, I love it at the beginnig when Tom sings Johnny Mathis. And the part where Linda Evans runs into Mitchell's car and the guy he's watching looks out the window, and Crow says "word on the street says your a jerk".

If you're wondering how I know so many quotes and stuff, it's because I suffer from insomnia. I can never go to sleep at night, so I watch my MST3K videos over and over again. Sometimes it helps because they are so familiar, but sometimes I get really into an episode, and I still can't sleep, because I want to watch it. That almost always happens with Space Munity.

GreyRose


I just can't help it

Post 8

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I used to just turn on CNN when I wanted to fall asleep - however I've somehow become semi-interested in politics lately and that doesn't always work!

I just went back to check, and found out that I do have Space Mutiny on tape, and yet somehow I don't ever remember watching it. I guess I know what I'll be doing today smiley - smiley


I just can't help it

Post 9

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

I just posted something about Space Munity on your Simpsons forum. Now, you'll know what I'm talking about when you read it.

"I think it's really nice of you to give that dead lady her job back"

GreyRose


I just can't help it

Post 10

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Mistakes like that make you wonder how films like this ever get made. smiley - smiley Did you notice all the Battlestar Galactica space battle scenes?


I just can't help it

Post 11

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Yeah, and Tom says that they're his favorite part.

Talking aobut other sc-fi movies, this isn't taken from the movie I'm thinking of, but it reminded me of it. (that was a horrible sentence.) The garden the elderly young woman works in reminds me of a movie called Silent Running. Have you ever seen it? It is a good movie, but it's really depressing. If you haven't seen it you should.


I just can't help it

Post 12

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

(elderly young woman.....heh-heh-heh)

What is Silent Running about?


I just can't help it

Post 13

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

In Silent Running, either the world has ended or just pollution is so bad, that they put what was left of the forests out into space. And it's about the guys (one in particular) who take care of it. It is really really good. But it IS depressing, I have to warn you.

So, what have you been up to? You haven't been here in a while.


I just can't help it

Post 14

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Oh, I've been around, but most of the time I've been working on my Simpsons article or doing ACE-related things. And of course I'd be here a lot more if it weren't for the 40-50 hours a week spent at work smiley - sadface


I just can't help it

Post 15

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

I would say 'I know what you mean', but I don't. I've never had a full time job. I wish that I did, if only I didn't have school, just so I could move out of my parent's house. My school work would go down the drain if I had a full time job. Not, that I couldn't do it, I just wouldn't. I am really lazy, but at least I don't take on responsibilities that I won't take care of.

Now I feel really bad, what with you working all the time, and me doing nothing. I'll go look at your Simpsons entry to validate my existense.


I just can't help it

Post 16

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Don't feel bad - I'm plenty lazy! I only work 'cause I have grown accustomed to the lifestyle in which I reside..........i.e. I don't want to have to sell my computer in order to eat smiley - smiley


I just can't help it

Post 17

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Yeah!

I know how that is. That's another reason I still live with my parents.

I'm sorry, I'm distracted. KITH is on, and I've never seen this one.


I just can't help it

Post 18

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Well, it's 20 hours later, but which episode was it?


I just can't help it

Post 19

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

I just read what you wrote, and everything I remembered about it flew straight out of my head. Wait. . . some of it's coming back to me.

The main sketch I remember was one with Derril and Bruce was playing this scientisit friend of his and was doing experiments on his feet, trying to make energy waves or something.

I can't remember anything else about it, but I saw another episode I had never seen before today! I had just woken up when I watched it (it was one in the afternoon), so I can't remember much of it right now either, except a monolouge that Kevin did about how junk mail saved his life.

An episode came on after that on, but I had seen it before, which was good, since I had to get ready for school, and I would have watched a new (to me) one. I'm going to have to miss both tomarrow, because I have an earlier class. smiley - sadface


I just can't help it

Post 20

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

You mean you don't skip class to watch? *gasp*

Ok, I don't skip work either........


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more