A Conversation for The Stephanie Plum Novels by Janet Evanovich

Stephanie Plum vs Anita Blake?

Post 1

SatyrMoonDancer

I've not read any Stephanie Plum novels, but your overview makes it sound like an enjoyable series!
And I have to wonder if a cross-over between Plum and Laurell K Hamilton's "Anita Blake" character is possible.

(For a quick summation, Anita Blake lives in a modern-day America, specifically St Louis, where vampires and magic are real. She is a "re-animator", that is, she can call dead people out of the ground, so you can ask them about their will, stuff like that. But she is also a vampire-hunter, leader of several groups, and juggles her normal life with her love affairs with a vampire and a werewolf. Hamilton's pacing and plot are fast and sassy, and Blake is a wonderful no-BS heroine.)

I doubt they've even considered it, but a cross-over between Plum and Blake would be a treat! smiley - ok


Stephanie Plum vs Anita Blake?

Post 2

icecoldalex

I ambsolutely love Stephanie Plum novels and am about to get the twelfth. I can't wait for the paper back so will have to fork out the £17 for the hard back.

Great article.


SoRB emailsed me yesterday to say that it was on the front page of h2.
Congrats!

smiley - ok


Alex.


Stephanie Plum vs Anita Blake?

Post 3

broelan

I've read a bout half the Anita Blake series, a friend loaned me some of the early books but I lost interest as the series changed focus. I've thought lately that I might try reading the first couple of books again to see if I like them or if I was just caught up in them being 'local lit'.

As far as a Blake/Plum cross-over, I'm not sure. Anita is probably a little too professional for Stephanie, their charms are different. That said, aside from the subject matter the two series share several themes, and I think my favourite characters in each have a lot in common (Edward and Ranger).

In a nutshell, I think the Plum books are more *fun*, and they get better as the series goes along. I hope you enjoy them smiley - ok

There's a lot of fan-fiction out there, I think there's a Yahoo group somewhere for it. Someone might have already given a cross-over a try smiley - smiley

Hi Alex! That was nice of him smiley - smiley. I started out with the whole series in paperback, then ended up with the last few in hard-cover because I couldn't wait for the paperbacks. It's well worth the price though smiley - winkeye




Stephanie Plum vs Anita Blake?

Post 4

icecoldalex

I'm the same. The last few in hardcover. I couldn't wait. Have no. 12 now and loving it. It feels like home. smiley - smiley

Alex.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more