Escape Pod Dreams - 129

0 Conversations

The White Clay On Black Mary Janes Issue

The New New blob

How avante garde can you be when the fin de siecle was only a deja vu flashback to your 5nd childhood?

When I was a late teenager I got an album on eight track by the Rolling Stones. They were old then. Trust me. Older than I am now. Which makes them... forget it. Anyway, the album was a compilation on Atco called High Tides and Green Grass. It was a mine-blowing experience to a kid who had spent two years listening to the best and worst of the pewnk-wuve movement. For some reason, at the same time, I got aholdt of a dead boy's collection of James Taylor albums. I also had an eight track of Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music, which was either an exercise in middle-finger self-indulgence or a landmine album in electronica/industrial muzik. But there was an adult punk/Holleyesque craftsman to the Stones' singles. They stood each on their own with a stolidness that made them monolithical in usefulness. I had already been shrapnel-spattered by the Beatles/Stones/Who dichotomy of rock and height over the head by the ubuiquitousness of Zed Leppelin and ZZ Top in a midwestern world where Pink Floyd, Rush, and Lynyrd Skynyrd were considered gods and Cheap Trick and Sabbath were considered more important than Jethro Tull. I haven't owned that Stone's hits album since that time, twenty sics years ago. But I can't hear a single song off it without knowing every note and word. Good work, boys!

The New New blob

More reasons why small children in large groups resemble a legistlative body in session without the ties:

1. 8:57 AM
The day we got married, the lead singer of the reception band died...

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Making love with your radio still on
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
A day without mudsic is like a night without...

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
Music as a way of life

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams Archive

TonsilRevenge

29.06.06 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A12784656

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more