A Conversation for Wire Hangers

No Subject

Post 1

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Usually regarded as naff when stretched into a parallellogram and stuffed straight into a car aerial socket, if you take a pair of wire cutters, snip off the long straight section, and stuff that into the socket, you'll still pick up Radio 3 and it'll stay in during an automatic car wash. At least it has on my ancient VW Passat.


Christmas decorations

Post 2

MarkyB

Do not forget that wire hangers can be suspended from a celing or wall, covered in tinsel and if you attatch a candle at each end, they can make a rather beguiling Christmas decoration, as popularised in the UK by the childrens television show Blue Peter.

The flashing lights and the loud siren of the Fire Brigrade was the highlight of my Christmas, as young boy, as they rushed to our house every year to put out the small fire that was started by the cheap tinsel I used to use.


wire hangers

Post 3

saffire

how the hell do wire hangers breed????????????????????????????
-teresa;>


wire hangers

Post 4

Researcher 51354

I don't think wire hangars do breed. I'm convinced that they are what ballpoint pens become when they grow up. In my house, the number of hangars is always inversely proportional to the number of pens.

Tim


wire hangers

Post 5

Slug

I know someone who can climb through a wire hanger. Yes, normal size, without pulling it apart.

Very very narrow shoulders.

What a claim to fame I have.


wire hangers

Post 6

Schmorgas

C A R E F U L L Y !!!!


wire hangers

Post 7

Schmorgas

Thats how they breed. Carefully.
I once used one vey successfully to make a temporary repair to my car exhaust. It got me home without perforating too many passers by eardrums. That and a coke can.


wire hangers

Post 8

Deek

I believe they do breed in the quiet recesses of your cupboards. Not that I've actually watched them doing it you understand. They must do or how else can you explain that there are so many of them and where do they all come from ? I have never actually bought one but when moving house last year I had to throw out bloody hundreds of them. One of lifes little mysteries but I do know that they hang out in dry cleaning bars having a swinging time.
Thanks for the further tips on useful applications, these are not uses that sprang to mind when I wrote. I will be sure to have one in my cars tool kit in future and Merry Christmas to you all smiley - bigeyes


wire hangers

Post 9

saffire

but the question is - can you fit through a wire hanger??????
-teresa;>


wire hangers

Post 10

bugardifieno

Soooo... now I know where all our wire hangers end up....they migrate to where ever u lot are!!!!


wire hangers

Post 11

Dunk

Wire hangers make much better aerials than wooden ones, but tend to leave indentations in the shoulders of heavy garments like suede jackets. This is one time wood wins [Y'know, oboes an' stuff].


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wire Hangers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more