A Conversation for Pavement Etiquette

Shopping Mall

Post 1

Maz

In the shopping malls slow movers should be closest to the shop windows and so leaving space in the centre of the walk ways for others to be able to get where they are going. There should also be some sort of rule preventing people from moving directly from one side of the mall to the other without looking first!!!


Shopping Mall - going accross rather than along

Post 2

AgProv2

That's a problem in crowded shopping streets - I see it on Market Street in Manchester, where the dominant vectors are straight lines from Picadilly Gardens to Deansgate and vice-versa. Trying to move accross the street, or to leave the traffic flow and get into the desired shop, or to turn left or right into Cross Street or Corporation Street, is a pain and requires clear and careful signalling - usually lokking around you to see who's coming up behind is a good start, and if they're awake, they'll see you beginning to edge over to the left or right and realise you're going to be moving against the grain of the flow... you hope...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more