A Conversation for Pavement Etiquette

Eating while walking

Post 1

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

An interesting pavement user is the "Eater." The eater may vary from the one quietly sucking a humbug through to the full three courses balanced on the upturned hand from which hangs a hefty shopping bag.

It is normally regarded as impolite to discard chicken bones, unwanted hamburger gherkins, fish skin, lollipop sticks or chewing gum onto the pavement. Many modern cities have receptacles at street level for the deposit of unrequired detritus acquiainted with street cuisine.


Eating while walking

Post 2

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

We've just had the gum-blasters around for the second time this year. When you stop to look, the amount of chewing gum that gets discarded per square metre of pavement is quite throgoughly disgusting.

No wonder countries like Singapore banned chewing gum.


Eating while walking

Post 3

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

And flogged the culprits.


Eating while walking

Post 4

MuseSusan

I don't blame them. The place where chewing gum really gets to me is theaters. When you go to the theater, expecting to see a bit of culture, and all you get is a sticky piece of chewing gum under your seat, it's not fun.


Eating while walking

Post 5

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

It's far worse when you find it on your seat, especially _after_ you've sat down.

It makes you wonder if the low-life thoughless ******* that put it there could somehow, perhaps, be out-low-lifed by someone else. The sad fact is that this is usually the case.

Summary execution isn't good enough for the people who leave gum on seats. I can't think of many things more inconsiderate, atleast none that I'll describe here.

(The only thing more hideous that is mentioned here is Cthulhu (A574931), who I'd recommend over chewing gum any day. (If you are, or you know an insane Cthulhu cultist, consider this CD at http://www.cthulhulives.org/Soltice as the perfect Xmas gift...

Altogether now: (To 'God rest ye merry gentlemen')
Awake yet scary great old ones
let everything dismay
Remember great Cthulhu shall rise up from Ry'leh
to kill us all with tentacles if we should go his way
Oh tidings of madness and woe
Madness and Woe
Oh tidings of madness and woe


Key: Complain about this post