A Conversation for The Evolution of Hot Dogs

The eternal conundrum...

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Why do hotdogs come in packs of 10 and buns in packs of 8?


The eternal conundrum...

Post 2

Baron Grim

For the few folks on the Atkins Diet at your cook out?smiley - erm


The eternal conundrum...

Post 3

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

because i am a greedy pig and like 2 (veggie) hotdogs in each roll!!
smiley - hotdogsmiley - drool


But even then i will end up with 3 extra rolls smiley - erm ... back to the drawing board on that one then.


The eternal conundrum...

Post 4

Baron Grim

The "Bulletproof Monk" has the answer. smiley - drool


smiley - vampire Count Zero


The eternal conundrum...

Post 5

AgProv4

Just recalling Terry Pratchett's interpretation of "the eternal conundrum" which seems to have relevance here too...


The eternal conundrum...

Post 6

Baron Grim

Heh... from 2003.

I had no idea what my statement above meant. None whatsoever.


So, I did a little googling.


"Bulletproof Monk" was a Chow Yun Fat / Sean William Scott martial arts flick.

Kar: "So, I figured it out, why hot dogs come in packages of ten and hot dog buns come in packages of eight. See, the thing is, life doesn't always work out according to plan so be happy with what you've got, because you can always get a hot dog."

I must have just watched the film because otherwise it must not be very memorable. smiley - laugh


BG smiley - pirate


The eternal conundrum...

Post 7

AgProv4

Ah. apologies. In a different context, and not the one that may first spring to mind, Pratchett defined the Eternal Conundrum as "Spit or Swallow?" (in context - a fastidious man has just been offered a surprisingly good mug of tea by a derilect and is appreciating it - until he is informed as to where the tramps found the slices of lemon)


The eternal conundrum...

Post 8

Baron Grim

Since this post, a new hot dot conundrum has arisen.



Is a hot dog a sandwich? What about a taco?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more