What's your favourite episode of Blackadder?

35 Conversations


Hello,



The BBCi Comedy Team is on a quest to find the nation's favourite episode of Blackadder. Why? Because on 15th June 2003 it will be the 20th anniversary of the first ever episode: The Foretelling. The BBC will launch a Blackadder website in late May, where you'll be able to vote for your all-time favourite episode. Also, look out for a programme on BBC Radio 4 at the beginning of June which will feature new and exclusive interviews with all the stars and writers of Blackadder.



So: what's your favourite episode, and why? We'd love to know! And what is it about Blackadder that makes people so fanatically devoted to it?



If you need your memory jogged, we've written some guides to all the episodes of Blackadder. (Apart from the "specials" - so obviously feel free to write guides to those if you feel moved to do so!)




Series 1:
1. The Foretelling
2. Born to Be King
3. The Archbishop
4. The Queen of Spain's Beard
5. Witchsmeller Pursuivant
6. The Black Seal


Series 2:
1. Bells
2. Head
3. Potato
4. Money
5. Beer
6. Chains


Series 3:
1. Dish and Dishonesty
2. Ink and Incapability
3. Nob and Nobility
4. Sense and Senility
5. Amy and Amiability
6. Dual and Duality


Series 4:
1. Captain Cook
2. Corporal Punishment
3. Major Star
4. Private Plane
5. General Hospital
6. Goodybyeee


If you're inspired by this debate, please come to the BBC Comedy site at the beginning of June to take part in the official vote for the nation's favourite episode of Blackadder.



Thanks!




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1025065

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more