The h2g2 Post 12.02.24

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 12th February 2024

This week's title is A Bird's Eye View. Clockwise from upper left: A European goldfinch, a European robin, half a dozen pigeons on a tv aerial, a bizarre Spanish castle with a dragon cutout on the front lawn, A bowl full of trifle (a dessert), a snow-covered but sunny landscape, the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, a snow-covered street with a row of snow-dustred trees, a siskin, and a greenfinch and European goldfinch.

How's your weather? Pennsylvania has been rejoicing in sunshine. I've even spotted some colt's foot in flower. Spring may, indeed, be early this year, as the Groundhog predicted. We still have snow pics for you – and if you have any, please send them. We appreciate the aesthetics of all manner of landscape.

There are more birds in our pages this week. Let SashaQ enlighten you as to greenfinches and goldfinches and robins. They're all over the bird feeders. We have video! Lots to see here.

Speaking of things to see, FWR has Suzy Q'ed his way through Barcelona. I've done a bit of research in an attempt to make this look like we're being educational, but basically, you really just want to gawk at things. I know you. So gawk, already. Barcelona is a whole architectural museum in itself.

The novellas continue to surprise us. Whether you want to be scared, intrigued, educated, or merely amused, there's something for everyone this week. Let the writers know you care.

Cinema, a quiz, humour. Music, such as it is. More plot complications on the Isle of Wight. A very tasty recipe that doesn't require a degree in haute cuisine to prepare. Read, comment, share.

Have a great week out there, whatever the weather. And remember: it doesn't matter where you are, or whether you've got bigfoots, brownies, or Wolpertinger in your backyard: if you see it, take a picture. Somebody, somewhere, needs to see what you saw. (Particularly if it was a Wolpertinger.)


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Cover for The Building, DG's new book, available from Lulu.
You have a friend who
NEEDS THIS BOOK.
Buy it now!



Quote of the Week:Whatever truth may be, it might lie in the spaces between what we think we know.

Rick Prelinger
A cross-country skier in a snow-covered landscape.


February 2024 Post Challenge:
The Unbearable Whiteness
of Snow


Video Extra:
Hypnotic Effect of Snow
Click here in Ripley


BIRDS, BIRDS, BIRDS
Greenfinch, Goldfinch,
and Bluetit Cameo
(Video)

European goldfinch.

BIRDBRAINS

THAT'S OUR STORY AND
WE'RE STICKING TO IT


Chapter 3
Here, Kitty, Kitty

Lives of the Gheorghenis by DG.

BARCELONA!



Black and White
Black-and-white image of flats in Barcelona, by FWR.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
LAST VIEWS


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88041459

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more