The h2g2 Post 05.02.18

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 5th February 2018

Let the Madness Continue

Yes, Groundhog Day has come and gone. We have good news: the 2nd of February failed to repeat itself, which is a relief. Alas, the prognosticating furball saw his shadow. We don't know how: it was snowing. It's still snowing in the vicinity of Gobblers Knob. We suspect it will keep snowing, so Phil's probably right about the late spring. Whether you trust the official Weather Rodent or not, we still have snow in North America and other parts of our planet, and we'll still have to keep ourselves warm and occupied until spring arrives, which is as good a reason as any to keep reading the h2g2 Post.

Do we have weather-related items in this week's Post? Do we ever! Check out 'Nature's Snowballs', Willem, and be glad you're happily out of the Snow Belt and can paint those Reedbucks. Both of which – snow rollers and reedbucks, keep up – you can admire in this issue.

What else have we got? Just you wait! It's a veritable cornucopia of wonders:
Molly the Editorial Assistant Kitty looking supercool

  • Photographers share their bounty: Cactuscafé lets us in on the beauty of catkins, while Professor Animal Chaos (welcome back!) has a sharp observation from the supermarket. (No toilet paper or shampoo involved.) Help caption, discuss!
  • The Editor 'shares' a video. You remember all those great stories Freewayriding writes? The ones where he waxes lyrical about the world-changing music of the Godfather of Heavy Leslie? The Groundhog Day 'album' is out, and you'll just have to decide for yourselves whether Heavy Leslie spreads peace, love, and understanding, or just sells earplugs…anyway, the Video of the Week includes some NASA footage, thanks, NASA.
  • Nigel and his friends say 'No thanks, NASA,' as word of UFO believers in the US government leads to a crisis in Brightling…other cartoons are equally ludicrous, as usual.
  • Speaking of ludicrous: the notion that anybody out there could do all the quizzes and get them all right…but give them a try, anyway. Bluebottle's up to the letter Y. The alphabet is ending soon, alas…we'll have to buy him some more books…
  • People are spreading the love. SashaQ has something amazing to show you. It took skill… Freewayriding hosts a friend/guest who was kind enough to share her fantastic icon with us. We admire it, and her attitude. We think you will, too.
  • Caiman raptor elk joins us with a story about the time he hitchhiked to…we'll let him tell it, and let you enjoy the tale, which puts the 'h' in 'h2g2'.
  • Lola the doglet rocking a jumer in a moody sketch
  • Awix tells us about an intriguing film that's just come out. Have you ever wanted to live in a dollhouse? You'll enjoy our cinema expert's take on Downsizing. Somehow, we don't think that's the answer to overpopulation.
  • Scattered throughout this issue you will find sneaky references to the importance of Editors. A shout-out from the h2g2 Post to the rest of the Guide Editor brigade! You people rock. If you don't believe us, take a look at the h2g2 Front Page, this week and every week. SashaQ, Galaxy Babe, and Bluebottle make it all happen. We are proud to know them. They know where their towels (and commas) are.


As usual, we'd appreciate it if you left comments, started the standard pun wars, and sent us more copy so we can do it again next week. Speaking of next week, you will be bowled over by astounding photography! New column starting next week, too! Things to look forward to.

In the meantime, have a good week out there!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURAL WORLD

PUZZLING PLANET

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW


UNNATURAL MINDS
(Don't think alike.)
PEACE, LOVE, AND…
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87901923

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more