The h2g2 Post 02.03.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 2nd March 2015

You Have HOW MUCH Snow? Part Two

Snow in the northern US. To explain the mysterious picture: that's a yardstick. You remember them, sort of retro, a message from the backwards world of 'We Ain't Metric'. Anyway, that's how deep the snow is in Pennsylvania. So you can imagine how everybody in Massachusetts feels. Be smug, if you don't live in the Northeast US, go ahead. We won't begrudge you. But be kind. This is a rough winter, and some h2g2ers are still shoveling their way out and praying for spring.

In the meantime, the Post, as always, is ready with entertainment and thought-provoking Stuff. Willem's back with truly exotic nature for you to admire and learn from. Cactuscafe's art, as ever, is inspiring. The 42-Words challenge is still going strong, and will startle and amuse.

Speaking of challenges, it's a new month, and a new Create challenge. This time, the Team want you to think about cheap amusements. What do you do, or have you done, that was fun or rewarding, that didn't cost much? Tell us about it. Or find a related idea for the Edited Guide. Lots of room for creativity there.

Awix is here with cinema, and we'll keep you scratching your heads, both with the quiz and our peculiar humour.

March is in like a lion. Wrap up warmly, you folks in the Snow Belt, and snuggle up with some good Post reading. Leave comments, and remember to write early and often!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WONDERFULLY EXOTIC
  • Wandering Albatross by Willem.
  • Bonsai Crassula by Willem.


NOTICING THINGS

ODDLY BEAUTIFUL

  • Invitation to dance.
  • Entity Encounter by Cactuscafe.

FUN ON A BUDGET

PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
  • March Create 2015 by FWR.
  • Ancient Romans in   Peer Review.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87847843

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more