The h2g2 Post 27.06.11

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th June 2011


 

 

DON'T PANIC!

There are two good reasons not to panic, h2g2ers. The first one is that, in spite of the name at the bottom of this editorial, you only have to put up with me this week, until Bel gets back. She's off having a ball – well, she's not having it, but she's attending it. Something about a graduation ceremony. She's got her dancing shoes on, and she'll be the belle of the Abi-Ball, our Bel will... Well, you know what I mean. I expect her to bring me back some punch, or something. In the meantime, I have tried to keep the drivel to a minimum. I was helped, this time. People actually sent in stuff. Good stuff, even (see below).

The other reason not to panic is one you all already know about – unless you've been on an intergalactic cruise in your game room all week. h2g2 has been saved! By...well, us. You, me, Robbie Stamp, the Larholms, and all our nearest and dearest over at h2g2c3. Pats on the back all round. We're wonderful. Er, and modest, too, as Prof Animal Chaos keeps pointing out.

What that means is that we're going to be calling on all of you to volunteer, sooner or later, to do something to help us get off to a rocketing start. I've heard peeps out of our peeps, in the direction of 'I'd like to make sure that we...' or 'I might be willing to...' Heh-heh, and evil grins from those of us on lists...we know where you live. We will be calling. Prepare to write GuideML. If you're interested in helping us at The Post, and you've been waiting for an invite, this is it.

In the meantime, bask. Sit back, read, enjoy. There's some good stuff in here, especially since very little of it is mine. I'm off to polish the brass on the doorplate...we're here to stay, folks.


Dmitri Gheorgheni


 

 
THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST

 

 
  • Anthypnia

  • What's the last thing YOU think about before sleep?


 

 

AND THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST


 

 
  • h2g2 Life

  • Wowbagger finds, like the rest of us, that cats and computers don't play well together.

  • Tales of Benshasha

  • The religious implications of eating, drinking, er, smoking, and wearing pigskin.

  • Rear View

  • Beatrice explains what she means by 'wall to wall walls!'

  • 24 Lies a Second

  • Nothing antegenetic about this one. Awix and the Big Bang Theory.


 

 

THE REST OF YOU, AS YOU WERE


 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A85249182

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more