Escape Pod Dreams - 142

0 Conversations

The Jimi Hendrix Issue

The New New blob

Once upon a time...

Many years ago I was boy. My borther and I bought albums, the LP kind, made of some sort of vinyl and round and black and designed to be spun under a needle. The first album I remember buying was a copy of the white album. Thrity years later I bought a copy of the black album. In between I owned the Rutles and the Spinal Tap soundtracks. Somewhere around the time that I discovered the Woodstock soundtrack, on 8 track, I learned about Jimi Hendrix. This would have been circa 1978 I think. He'd been dead for a bit by then, but I couldn't have known it. I was listening to all kinds of dead guys on vinyl and mylar. I didn't even have faces for some of the people I was listening to, like Deaf School. I thought that Cheap Trick and the Ramones were Britich. I had no idea where AC/DC and George Thorogood and the Destroyers were from, nor BeBop Deluxe, Ducks Deluxe or Eight-eyed spy. Moon Martin and Elvis Costello came from the same corner of paradise that Graham Parker and Tom Robinson lived in!

The New New blob

More reasons why...

1. 8:57 AM
What did Jeff Beck have for dinner?
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Billy Gibbons mouth hung open like a garage door

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
If you buy new strings every once in a while...

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
Mom said turn that crap off and come to dinner!

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams Archive

TonsilRevenge

22.02.07 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A20071207

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more