Murder on the Dance Floor

0 Conversations

Dancing

Lifestyles of the rich and famous


Who are those guys?

Dancing rehearsals have been subject to slight delays, as the choreographer is usually yelling something in German to a bunch of teenagers on stage, as they mime to a souped up version of Knights in White Satin, and try to remember who's supposed to go where when. Then, recognition slowly dawns on us tappers - these are the Luxembourg equivalent of Hear'Say, having won the local Pop Stars TV competition last year. I wonder if it would be distinctly uncool to ask for their autograph. In the end I buy a copy of their single and get them to sign the picture sleeve. It's for my little niece you understand!

Final steps

The choreography of both Happy Feet and the Finale is now complete, although not yet quite up to speed. It's enormous fun doing the 'old classics', like step-kicks in a line, or making train noises (with our feet, not our mouths...)while doing piston actions with our hands. You can almost see the think bubbles rising from our heads, as we pretend to be Ginger Rodgers or Ann Miller.

Jostling for position

One of the girls used to be a professional dancer, and the choreographer usually gets her to stand in front of the class, or checks the steps with her. But she's on holiday this week, so he's been asking me to do those things instead. Whilst I'm thrilled to be singled out, it's a bit nerve wracking going through class knowing that 20 pairs of eyes are on your feet. Good practice for stage fright, though... and it's a greater enticement to me to do some practice!

Dates for your diary

The song and dance number, Steam Heat, will be performed during a café-theatre run from 10-13th September. I bought a fabulous panama hat in the sales that I'm dying to wear in this number! For those of you who can't make it to Luxembourg, I'll try to get some pictures to put into this column.

Murder on the Dance Floor Archive

Luckystar

17.07.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1110259

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more