It's My Party And I'll Die If I Want To
On Sunday evening, 28th October 2012 there will be a dinner party here at my house for invited guests. Family fore and aft and colleagues past and present.
And I invite you, dear reader to watch in your own voyeuristic way as the nights events unfold. There is a reason for this meeting of the Machiavellian malevolents, a purpose to my inviting them here, and I shall invite you to watch and to note. To see what I have to say, and how they react.
As someone once said, "Entertaining is murder."
During the course of the event, some researchers will act out the roles of the characters. These researchers will have a loose script to work with. They'll know some secrets, they may well guess at some others. And then one of them will die.
In true Who Dunnit style, at the end everyone will gather in the Drawing Room and be quizzed by the detectives, and this is where you come in. After watching the characters actions and interactions throughout the night, you may well have an idea of who dunnit, how they dunnit and why they dunnit. And you will now be able to quiz them directly, to ask them those probing questions to try and get to the truth.
But be careful, your fellow researchers are also trying to find the truth. If you get too much information out in the open, they might guess as well.
We'll be collecting together all the answers, and writing them up in the following week's Post along with a list of the winners, those who guessed correctly. And, some of the best wrong ones.
- No posting within the game locations prior to, or during the event. Doing so spoils the night for all concerned.
- Only one thread per location. This makes it easier to follow what's going on.
- No spoilers! When you think you know who did it, how they did it, and why they did it, email [email protected] with your answers. Don't spoil it for others.
- Keep it real. Well, real enough. Teleports, magic, aliens, and even mufflewhumps and mammoths (within reason) could make this a touch silly, so try and keep it sensible.
- Don't break these rules. Seriously, posting wildly into the game will just spoil it for everyone. So we're going to be enforcing harder moderation during this event. Any postings that are not part of the game will be removed immediately and repeated breaking of the rules will incur immediate sanctions. Harsh, but fair.
We've provided a Viewing Gallery where you can freely chat, and throw popcorn and peanuts, so as to reduce the temptation of accidentally posting in the game threads.
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|When will this be written up for 'The Post'?||Oct 31, 2012|
|Where is it?||Oct 28, 2012|
|A Warm Welcome||Sep 22, 2012|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|The Murder Mystery Beer-Tasting Thread||Oct 28, 2012||Nov 6, 2012|
|When will this be written up for 'The Post'?||No Posting||Oct 31, 2012|
|Murder Mystery Thread: The Library||Oct 28, 2012||Oct 31, 2012|
|The Pantry||Oct 28, 2012||Oct 29, 2012|
|Murder Mystery Thread: The Drawing Room||Oct 28, 2012||Oct 29, 2012|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- This user has not written any Edited Entries.
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
- Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)
- Dmitri Gheorgheni
- Florida Sailor - Cleaning up from Irma
- Harry McLeery
This user has no Bookmarks