A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How do you cope with hot flushes?

Post 21

ITIWBS

Mongolian licorice root, Sen-Sen candy, http://www.candywarehouse.com/occasions/old-fashioned-and-nostalgic-candy/products/sen-sen-flakes-candy-packs-12-piece-box/ , Valerian root, Central American wild yam.

Post 22

Wand'rin star

Very interesting Woman's Hour programme yesterday taking about menopause with a consultant gynaecologist saying he would always treat hot flushes with oestrogen, but, if I've understood you correctly, that's the cause of your problem? Can you persuade them to give you the opposite instead?smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 23

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I've a feeling they'll want to give me testosterone, me being male and it being testosterone, due to err distruction of the tissue that produces it, which I'm abscent in, they'll want to give me... - kinda tmepted to ask for oestrogen instead.... and just ... see what happens smiley - laugh

Post 24

paulh;
You mean you're more messed up mentally than usual?

Oh yus! hugely more so. moreso on a massive scale, a scale indeed, so massive, as to be greater than any hithertoo known scales of scaaling scalness. greater even than that once achieved by the use of various herbal preparations and a black silk scarf, somewhere in the vaccniity of the Angle Islington. indeed, as some once may put it when hindsight comes to pass, it is, perhaps indeed, even greater than that ever achieved by any number of black silk scarfs, whether or whethernot near the Angel Islington.

I just burst into tears, through indesicion over what to make for breakfast. seriously. smiley - blush and I almost burst into tears before that, on noticing how little dreamcream moisturiser I had left after I'd showered and shaved smiley - blush

Last night, in the pub I used the worse chatup line every, on the female bisexual barmaid.... smiley - blushsmiley - laugh oddly it seemed to kinda work... smiley - whistlesmiley - angel and damn my throat hurts from where the radiation is ripping the lining of my osophagus to bits smiley - wah

however. some residual mental facilities remain. sadly, they are the ones largely concerned with quoting Frank Zappa lyrics at inappropiate moments and involving saying 'big balls' in a low pitched voice as we walk past Big Balls's corridor in the hospital. smiley - erm Now I just fear that one day I'll have discovered all the weird that there is to discover, and.... and then what.... normality?! smiley - yuk

Post 25

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Notice that I never said being messed up mentally was necessarily a bad thing. smiley - hug Look at the creativity that messed-upness unleashed in the likes of Robert Schumann, Edgar Allan Poe, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Sylvia Plath. I'm not one to judge anyway. 'cause I've been there too, thankfully not for very long.

Post 26

absolutely. I've never bee n normal... even when I wasn't messed up... there are degrees of messed up... - I think I've just about done them all now, and can seemingly kinda pop in and out of each elvel as I see fit for any given occasion smiley - zen heck... some people probably actually think I'm relatively sane smiley - laughsmiley - snorksmiley - boing hmm. I like to think of it, more as that I just inhabit a differnt level of normality to other people. I experiance the world ver differntly. I think. smiley - zensmiley - weird

Hmm. one's idea of 'normal' does gend to change any.how... todays been really normaly.... normal... went got irradiated... had two pints at pub on way home, now I'll cook dinner for Sir and I, then we'll go to pub... tomorrow I'll wake up, shower, and go get irradiated again. perfectly normal smiley - biggrinsmiley - laugh hmm. a lot of other normal things will occur too, most of which... can't really be mentioned here smiley - laughsmiley - handcuffs to insaity and beyond smiley - boingsmiley - run more smiley - weird left to uncover smiley - zen

Post 27

Wand'rin star

I think I may adopt "to insanity and beyond smiley - boing"as my new motto (if that's OK with you) smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 28

Feel free!; I stole..... borroed ift, from Lady P! smiley - laughsmiley - boing

so much more weird to discover.

today I get to bring my own death mask home with me smiley - biggrin - may take it to the pub, en-route back from the hospital smiley - laugh Oh yes....... the insanity and weirnedness cannot abate... yet... not by a long-shot smiley - evilgrin off to do some retail therapy after I've showered, before being irradiated today; perhaps a new skirt, and another blouse, and a new larger andbag, plus some shoes or boots I think smiley - diva I might as well start matching what my hormones think I am smiley - laughsmiley - divasmiley - handbag

Post 29

What could possibly be beyond insanity? And would you want to find out what it's like there? smiley - online2long

Post 30

I'm there. smiley - zen its. very odd. and. scarey. I've been here about.... five months... kinda quite looking forward to ... finding the o old actual not quite beyond insanity location I used to inhabiti in space time smiley - zensmiley - zen hmm. having said which... its a nice shade of purple though. smiley - zen

Post 31

Is space time more like space, or more like time?

Post 32

ITIWBS

smiley - catsmiley - lurksmiley - esuom

Post 33

Icy North

{Is space time more like space, or more like time?}

You asked "Is...", and in doing so fixed your temporal frame of reference. Within this, you will see only the dimensions of space.

To answer your question, you would have needed to ask using a tense which has not yet been devised, in order to frame questions for which space time provides the solution context.

You might start with something like:

"Where and when has space time ever been more like space or more like time, or where and when will it ever be?" smiley - geek

Post 34

I bow to your wisdom, Icy smiley - grovel, and approve your framing of the question, uncertain whether an answer is [or was or will be] possible.

Post 35

it is, and has been, and will continue to be, everywehre and every-when, apparently I think smiley - zen actually err. hmm. 'thinking' is taking a bit of a holiday right now again smiley - laughsmiley - ermsmiley - flusteredsmiley - puff

Post 36

ITIWBS

smiley - mouseIt helps, sometimes, to remember that with the familiar trumpet flower diagram illustrating gravitational collapse of a supermassive object into a black hole, or cosmological expansion, the axis of the diagram is the time axis, though the directionality of the time axis reverses in the two cases, in the direction of the constricted end with the black hole and in the direction of the flaring bell of the trumpet with the cosmos.

On the constricting end of the diagram, the curves representing the spatial limits never come to a point, instead, they're asymptotic to the time axis, approaching the time axis infinitesimally closely, never actually intersecting.smiley - esuom

smiley - kropssmiley - catsmiley - sporksmiley - lurksmiley - esuomsmiley - fish
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - towel

Post 37

smiley - online2long

Post 38

*reads* smiley - bigeyessmiley - ermsmiley - flusteredsmiley - puffsmiley - headhurts My minds way too fried from all the hormones to even begin making the faintest attempt to do a dark in the stab, at estimating the outter parameters, of where I might being even having the most slimest vaguest notion of where to potentially start engraining that into some systamatic set of informations able to enter my addled brain smiley - laughsmiley - biggrin
If only I were blonde... smiley - snorksmiley - winkeye
only one thing to do. try get more plant-oestrogens from beer... oddly... it does seem to help... or just the alcohol makes things more tollerable and one's brain capicity ain't ment to be quite so hot anyhow, when a few sheets to the wind a it were smiley - zen calmos err... salms smiley - erm calms smiley - zen down some of my more annoying and randomly mis-working neurones too smiley - zensmiley - alesmiley - zen

Post 39

ITIWBS

Organic Mongolian licorice root and Central American wild yam are both rich in the profactors the body needs to support its own endochrine productions.

Post 40

oo... will have to hunt down yam... I think they sell that nextdoor... smiley - zen not sure I can have licorice I know its ent to be dodgy with certain prescribed medications smiley - erm - did have some licorice tea though, but I'm not sure that was very nice smiley - yuk or, geninely had any actual stuff in it or not smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more