A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Schedule of Future Events?

Post 21

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

There's definitely such a thing as a media planning diary for upcoming events, anniversaries, government announcements etc but my understanding is that various companies produce/collate this and sell it as a commercial product.

Additionally, newspapers will get embargoed press releases ahead of time to allow them to prepare their coverage.

Post 22

Icy North

Some media stories appear every year and their content is effectively identical to the previous year. Take August exam results, for example. They have to film/photograph the small group of schoolgirls happily opening their results letters (or these days, finding it on a list posted on the school noticeboard). They have to moan about the fact that boys do worse than girls. They write that the number of passes has increased from the previous year, then bemoan the drop in standards. They interview the tearful child and even more tearful parents after a typo in an exam paper caused them to fail their exam, resulting in them unable to secure that Media Studies placement at the University of Cornwall...

Post 23

You can call me TC

There's always the story of the lazy journalist who wrote a report on some AGM just based on the agenda and the notes he'd been given. If he'd actually gone, he'd have been able to report that the chairman collapsed with a heart attack whilst making his speech.

But the story may be just made up to scare budding journalists into being more conscientious.

Post 24

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Sun -- expected to rise at dawn -- check
Spring -- came early, late or eventually -- check
Hurricanes -- at least one big one -- check

smiley - winkeye

Some day, people with time machines will return form the future and tell you what to expect. smiley - biggrin

[My favorite is the instruction on seed packets that you should plant after the last frost of the season. How do you know it's the last frost?]

Post 25

quotes

So in the coming week, Greece should present a package of reforms to its eurozone partners, we have April Fool's day, and we put the clocks forward. Anything else?

Post 26

Palm Sunday?

Post 27

Orcus

You missed my Mum's 70th Birthday last weekend smiley - cross

Post 28

Xanatic

I think we might also be getting the first up close photos of Ceres from orbit.

Post 29

World Kidney Day and the Iranian New Year have already gone by.

March 26th is Make up Your Own Holiday Day. It's also National Spinach Day.

March 27 is national Joe Day, when you can ask people to just call you Joe. This is useful if you don't like your given name.

The 28th is Something on a Stick Day.

March 29 National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day. Also Smoke and Mirrors Day

March 30 National Doctor's Day. Also I am in Control Day and Take a Walk in the Park Day

March 31 Bunsen Burner Day and National Clam on the Half Shell Day

April 1 is April Fool's Day. My area once got 20 inches of snow on April Fool's Day, so anything can happen.

Post 30

Xanatic

March 25th is Waffle Day. There's a fun story behind that.

Post 31

You can call me TC

There's someone waffling somewhere every day.

Key: Complain about this post