A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How old is too old for?

Post 21

Sho - employed again!

oh and I aaggree with Lanza, it's probably written by a young 'un who can't imagine being old...

Well, I've got news for that person: we're all young inside.

How old is too old for?

Post 22

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyes and... some of us have young bits on the outside too.... well... in the right lighting conditions.... smiley - winkeyesmiley - snorksmiley - blushsmiley - seniorsmiley - divasmiley - run

How old is too old for?

Post 23

bobstafford

Lights off you meant I believe 2leggs smiley - laugh

How old is too old for?

Post 24

Depends.... mainly on how good eyesight the 'observer' of afore err not-mentioned 'bits' is... as well, as the given lighting conditions... of course smiley - laughsmiley - snorksmiley - boing

How old is too old for?

Post 25

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

Apparently, at 42, I'm too old for anything but a Bikini. Unfortunately, I broke both legs a few months ago, and have extensive muscle wastage, so wouldn't look good anyway.

Besides, the neighbours would talk, I'm a man.

How old is too old for?

Post 26

nonsense! that's such a feeble excuese.... get ya bikini o lad! smiley - sillysmiley - boingsmiley - blush

How old is too old for?

Post 27

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I wonder if Bikini Atoll is safe to go to for a vacation. smiley - smiley

Actually, any place where the Fashion Police are refused entrance would be safe.

How old is too old for?

Post 28

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Sigh! All this pointing the finger at others for the way they dress.I'm fed up with it.All the complaints about those who cover up with a Burkha were bad enough now it's how much they take off..

Naked or nude people are not the problem.It's our attitude towards them that is..What is so threatening about the Naked Rambler? Nothing.Just his insistence that he won't toe the line.Surely it's the naked or half dressed person who is vulnerable and what body shape they have is immaterial..all this emphasis on body beautiful is very depressing.

Plus I'm sick of being nannied by the state as it is and it's too bad if we start buying into the idea that the state has a right to tell us to diet,take exercise and cover up..I'm the employer and they can beat it out of my life.

Now the young should be standing up for individual freedoms not suggesting they should be curtailed..They will soon change their tune when they get to 30+ especially if they are parents.

How old is too old for?

Post 29

" the idea that the state has a right to tell us to diet, take exercise and cover up" [Still Incognitas]

Depending on what country you live in, the admonitions about what you eat and how much exercise you get are likely to be recommendations, not laws that you get punished for breaking. But I could be underinformed. I've read about morbidly obese people in the UK who are denied treatment on the grounds that they brought on their health problems themselves. In the U.S., as long as you can afford the treatment you'll receive it. As far as I know, wearing a burka in the U.S. is neither required nor forbidden by the federal government, but there might be local towns or neighborhoods that have local regulations. In France, students may be forbidden form wearing burkas to school, while places like Iran and Afghanistan seem to *require* girls and women to wear them. Accidents of geography can have bad consequences. smiley - sadface

How old is too old for?

Post 30

Sho - employed again!

I don't think they are denied treatment because they brought the problems on themselves - more likely they are refused surgery because it's dangerous if they are morbidly obese.

In general that's not how the NHS works.

How old is too old for?

Post 31

I've been in MRI and CT scanners a fair bit, over various poitns the last few decades, Physically to be able to go into one, there isn't much room, even now, with my waist down to circa 30 to 32 inchs, and it certainly wasn't much easier when I was 5 stone heavier, with a ten inch bigger w waist, and chest smiley - blush So a lot of that comes to just practicle issues of how some equipment works; plus the huger risk of dieing, in surgery, just from anasetic with o obese patents, plus other risks during surgery, often makes it necessary for patnets to lose weight prior to surgery, and, of courrse, being overweight exaberates many conditions even if surgical intervention isn't an issue smiley - alienfrown

How old is too old for?

Post 32

Thanks for the explanations. When you read or hear a news story, it's hard to know how objective the report is.

Key: Complain about this post