A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Hi... and er.. HELP!!!

Post 1

xXxHeidixXx

Hi!! I'm Heidi!! *waves Hi to all!!* I'm from Australia!!!!
I love Hitchikers Guide.. but i also wanted to use you guys (er... i mean, get to know you and steal your ideas- that stil didn't come out right!!)

Ok, so i'm in year 12 last year of school, and i'm doing drama as one of my subjects. this year, luckly for me FORD PREFECT is one of the chosen characters. (all thta basically means is i can do a performance about Ford for my exam at the end of the year!!)

unofrtunaly, tehre are problems with this. 1. I'm all out of ideas!!! i can't just re-tell the story, i ahve to create a new storyline
2. i have guidelines which i HAVE to follow
(these are the guidlnines:
Create a solo performance based on teh character of Ford Prefect. At a gathering of the Greater Galactic Tourism Network, Ford Prefect seeks to promote sales of The hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy. While doing this, Ford unashmedly promotes himslef through recreating
*Experinces he had which he documented in his unedited report about Earth for The hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
*adventures he had with Saphod Beelebrox that promote inter-plantery travel
*why and how he conviced NASA to fabricate the Apollo 11 moon landing
3. it has to be in a style called Non-naturlaism (i don't really expect many people to undertsnad my rambling so far, but please continue to read)

basically my ask is
1. That you'll be my friend
and 2. that you will help me create stories about Ford Prefect
ummm i don't really know the rules about posting stuff aorund here, but if you don't wanna post your stories or ideas here, you can send them to my email [email protected] - just amke sure the subject says Hitcherhikers or something like that so i know!!!

Hi... and er.. HELP!!!

Post 2

Peta

You'll probably get more responses if you ask people to post the stories here and promise to come back and read them, than just email the work over to you, that way people will feel involved and want to help you!

Nasa Moon landing, could have something to do with the mice that owned the earth, as the moon is made of cheese? smiley - mouse

Hi... and er.. HELP!!!

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Heidi! or should I say Heidi Hi?

Can you clarify your guidelines:

"why and how he conviced NASA to fabricate the Apollo 11 moon landing"

When you say fabricate, do you mean "fake"? Do you mean that the Apollo 11 landing never occurred and that NASA faked the whole thing at Ford Prefect's request?

THat's very similar to a film a good few years back "Capricorn One" where NASA faked a Mars landing, because there was something wrong with the spaceship. It went to Mars and came back, but there was a fault in the life support system. The crew would never have survived. So they kept them on earth while they sent the rocket to Mars. They faked the landing in a studio. Of course things got exciting when the rocket burned up on re-entry and they had to dispose of the crew!

It sounds to me as if most of the plot for your assignment has already been written. All you have to do is add dialogue. What sort of character are you going to make Ford? In the TV series, he had a vacant expression and a distracted look. In the Movie, he was a bit of a non-entity, worried and apologetic. In the books, he was a ruthless b*****d, looking out for himself and himself only. It's up to you.

It's very hard to write jokes, unless you are a natural born comic writer. So don't try too hard. Try and let the humour of the situation come through, and if you can get something funny into the dialogue, think of it as a bonus.

Hi... and er.. HELP!!!

Post 4

xXxHeidixXx

thats sounds like a great idea!!! i have been coming here everyday, so i will read them!!!

SO people !! PLEASE post ideas, stories, comments ANAYTHING that you think might help me!!! Thanks muchly!!!

Hi... and er.. HELP!!!

Post 5

xXxHeidixXx

thanks, i'll try to get my hands on Capricorn One... sounds like a good one to watch.

I have to base my Ford charcter on the one from the book, but i think i can handle that...

Hi... and er.. HELP!!!

Post 6

pffffft

<>

smiley - laugh

very clever sir

*applauds wit*

now chuck im in the pool! smiley - smiley

Hi... and er.. HELP!!!

Post 7

xXxHeidixXx

so any more ideas?? we are about ot start workshopping and i;m almost dying coz i have no idea what to do!!!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more