A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Have you got an embarassing name?

Post 41

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

'I´d imagine Bus Shelter Number 16 is named after his place of conception, but it seems awfully specific. At least Brooklyn is a name you can get away with. Maybe there´s a few kids out there named Back Of The El Camino.'.

Well, when I was in Russia I met someone called 'yoj'(Russian for 'hedgehog' (Really need Russian cyrillic characters here). Well, for a start, can you imagine anyone in GB having such a name!? And, as for a place of conception, well the mind boggles! smiley - yikessmiley - boingsmiley - wah

Post 42

NPY

Hedgehog!?!??!?!

Post 43

Xanatic

Don´t mind if I do.

Post 44

Malabarista - now with added pony

Some people name their kids Kitty or Fawn, so why not hedgehog?

Post 45

Well, I entirely agree - but it's not exacty 'common'.

Post 46

NPY

Never heard the name Fawn before. And at least Kitty's an abbreviation. hedgehog's a bit more random.

People call their kids May or June, but you don't meet and Novembers about.

Post 47

Probably too smiley - brr in November to attempt to conceive anywhere al fresco.

Post 48

April is also quite common, but I've never met a March. Probably too smiley - brr again (winkeye>smiley - smiley.

Post 49

Malabarista - now with added pony

I had a friend named Fawn in school - and she was anything but, very, er, heavyset. The same must happen sometimes to babies named "Tiny" or "Princess" - don't their parents *think*? Babies grow up into middle-aged people...

Politicians with odd names:

There's a Cajus Julius Caesar currently in the German Bundestag - and of course there's always the first president of Zimbabwe, Canaan Banana...

Post 50

NPY

Though I'm sure calling your child April means the month they were born rather than concieved??

Post 51

Hmm, perhaps. But why the paucity of January's, February's, March's, August's, Sptembewr's, October's, November's and December's?smiley - erm. I'll stick with the smiley - brr conception dates explanation smiley - winkeye

Post 52

McKay The Disorganised

Isn't there a model called Tuesday Weald - and the heroine in Stig of The Dump was called February.

It's like John Peel giving his son the name Anfield - good job he didn't support Shrewsbury. (Gay Meadow)

As for where you were conceived - well dangerous - you might end up with 3 bedrooms and a back of the car.

smiley - cider

Post 53

lostmonalisa

Tuesday Weld was an actress. I don't know if the name was made up, or if that's her actual given name.

Post 54

Researcher 1300304

her birth name was susan. her professional name of tuesday was based on her childhood nickname of 'tu tu'.

dudley moore was lucky enough to be married to this most gorgeous of women for awhile.

Post 55

lostmonalisa

thanks, researcher...

Post 56

NPY

Just remembered that a friend went to school with a girl called Tuesday. At least she didn't have 3 other girls in her class with the same name.

Key: Complain about this post