A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Post 141

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

My fave Star Wars related quote came from Alec Guinness:

"What I didn't tell him [Lucas] was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo."

Post 142

Orcus

Yes it's a shame Alec Guiness didn't appreciate his finest work more.

smiley - winkeye

That Rolling Stone article is the only bad review I've seen. If you go to Star Wars film expecting to be intellectually stimulated then it's unlikely to happen. I prefer to sit back and enjoy the spectaclea and allow myself to be entertained, I have more than a feeling that the person who wrote that review was waiting to be disappointed. Even that review melted a little bit at the end.

Post 143

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

>>That Rolling Stone article is the only bad review I've seen.<<

Well I've seen plenty of bad reviews, but they're equally matched by good reviews.

>>If you go to Star Wars film expecting to be intellectually stimulated then it's unlikely to happen. I prefer to sit back and enjoy the spectaclea and allow myself to be entertained.<<

I agree completely. Star Wars is a fantasy tale and is about as intellectually stimulating as goat-hearders views on cheese. The dialogue in the LOTR films was just as bad, IMHO, but people didn't care because that's not what those movies were about.

Post 144

Orcus

Fair enough I stopped looking for review after I saw it on Saturday and I guess I've missed a fair few.

Post 145

Mu Beta

"Yes it's a shame Alec Guiness didn't appreciate his finest work more."

One can only hope you are joking...

B

Post 146

Well on Newsnight Review on Friday they said that it was terrible, but I put that down to them being spoiled by all the good arty movies they saw at the Cannes film festival. When I was checking my cinema on Sunday about what time the film started at, they had a review which said it was bad and gave it three stars. And today my TV guide only gave it too stars, partly because they complained that we already knew the ending and there were no suprises.

I personally thought that Obi-Wan was going to kill Aniken and get back to Corucent in time to help Yoda kill Palpatine. smiley - winkeye

Post 147

Orcus

Yes, that's why I used the smiley - winkeye

Thought that was a given smiley - erm

Post 148

Orcus

Newsnight review. smiley - ill

Appalling pseudointellectual sneering imho. Sorry

Post 149

Which is why I watch it. smiley - winkeye

Well I only watched it to see what they thought of Star Wars, then changed the channel promtly once they started talking nonsense about other films.

An Irish TV review show called 'The View' reviewed it earlier in the week and all four people on the show thought it was a good film (so long as it's taken lightly).

Post 150

Orcus

smiley - biggrin

I think I only watched it once but I can appreciate your sentiment. smiley - laugh

Post 151

FuolornisFireDragon

Hi

It was pretty good but the wookies werent there enough man and yoda looked goofy but there you go...

smiley - dragon
smiley - dontpanic

Post 152

Yeah, there should have been more about the Wookies.

And the most important question about the film: How does Chewbacca, this great Wookie general, become a co-pilot on a piece-of-junk cargo ship?

Post 153

Orcus

20 years of story between that one and A new hope.
Rebellion against the empire?

Post 154

Yes, there could be an Episode 3.5. And if really stuck, there could be an Episode 3.25, and an Episode 3.84 (just to be different).

There's going to be a TV series about lots of the minor characters and what they get up to between episodes 3 and 4.

Post 155

Orcus

Hmm, been there with Star Trek have we not smiley - yawn

I think there's plenty of books out there already anyway. Someone somewhere out there already knows the answer, Muahahahaha.

Post 156

Ah, but the difference between the Star Wars Tv show, and Star Trek is . . .

smiley - huh

The title? smiley - erm

Post 157

Orcus

Didn't thet have Ewoks the cartoon series at one point? smiley - groan

Post 158

Yes, a friend of mine has it on video and he loaned it to me a few years back. Never let it be said that Lucas doesn't sell out. smiley - groan

Post 159

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

<>

The lack of fit birds asking "Show me some more of this Earth thing you call kissing" in Star Wars.smiley - biggrin

Post 160

Hmm

<>

<<..plenty of books out there anyway. Someone somewhere out there already knows the answer, MUAHAHAHA.>>

Yup, me.smiley - biggrin

Well half of it- Chewbacca, like most of his people/his entire planet, was made a slave by the empire. I think he was going to be executed, when a young Han Solo(cuently studying to become a pilot of a TIE fighter.)Decided enough was enough:broke him out and set him free. The Imperials didn't like this much and promptly court-martialed (smiley - ermsp?) Han. Who then spent the next few days very drunk while trying to persuade Chewbacca to go home. Chewy declared he owed Han a life debt, Han eventually gave up and let him tag along, the two go looking for work- as they're outlawed from the Empire go into a life of crime. Save each other's lives a few times, are by now the best of friends,win a ship whilst gambling and become full-time smuglers. The End. (Well not really, but..)smiley - winkeye

I read it in a book.smiley - biggrin

Me? Take this too seriously? NEVER...

smiley - starsmiley - planetsmiley - moonsmiley - rocketsmiley - ufosmiley - earthsmiley - star

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more